Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What size shock does it run @jrewing?

I have a mate keen to try a coil on his, that's if my coil will fit his... :D
From @Craftworks:

For those choosing their own shock, the following hardware is required:
Top Eye: 40mm x 8mm hardware
Bottom Eye: 22.2mm x 8mm hardware
The required shock is 200mm Eye to Eye, with 57mm stroke.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I must say I thought I read somewhere that they didn't recommend running a coil on the bike, but I must be thinking of something else.

EXT looks cool on there.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I spoke to Hugh and he said suprisingly it worked well in testing. I agree.
Less pedal strikes on climbs, actually pedals better and it speeds up quicker through the rough. I was nervous of bottoming hard but the hydraulic bottoming system of the shock is magic. I'm pumped about it.
I did read the Spanish linkage program guys thoughts saying it should be a air shock only.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yes but are you still running tubes and has your Patrol blown up yet?
Patrol. It bloody pings alot but not blown up.
Tubeless front, but downhill casing on the rear with a 29er tube and talcum powder - dinged the last rim to pieces at Thredbo and still no flat.

Reactions: T.3

jrewing

Eats Squid
Hey how tall are you and can you comment on how the sizing works for you?
I'm 6'1 and been riding forever so prefer my bike slightly shorter. My last German bike was way too long. The old large frame was on the short side and only just fit. I always wished it was 10mm longer, so the 20mm new front triangle will be great and give me room to play around.
Shame I have to wait for thredbo next season. That was the only place I wish I had longer was the fast Downhill sends.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm 6'1 and been riding forever so prefer my bike slightly shorter. My last German bike was way too long. The old large frame was on the short side and only just fit. I always wished it was 10mm longer, so the 20mm new front triangle will be great and give me room to play around.
Shame I have to wait for thredbo next season. That was the only place I wish I had longer was the fast Downhill sends.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm tempted to give one a try - I'm 6'3, but probably riding tamer terrain than you by the sounds of it.

Debating whether to risk it without a test ride.