TAS FOUND

PJO

in me vL comy
Just wait till those chainring spacers arrive and see if they make a difference. I probably have some I could lend you, can't remember which ones I used on the bike. Also depends how long it takes for the ones you ordered to arrive, might be faster than us trying to tee up a meeting... let me know!

nathanm

Eats Squid
alright for those playing along at home I had a play with the cranks last night. I have found despite the cranks having a chainline of around 47mm it's still too far down the cassette. hopefully some 2mm spacers may change this, but despite having a ton of room between the chainstay and the front ring, I only have around 9mm of room between chain and tyre, without counting for deflection so its all a bit tight.

This is the chainline with the Raceface cranks and 32t nw ring

SLX cranks chain line, could probably move up a gear

The SLX crankset with snail NW ring I want to use

nathanm

Eats Squid
Can you shim the Cassette out anymore, every bit will help even half a mm.
that's exactly my next thought. the Mavic Crossone's already have a 2.5mm shim behind the cassette as it's a road freehub body. If I can add another 1-2mm that will be a huge bonus, but I'm just not sure how close I can have the cassette body to the end of the freehub before I cause issues with the lockring?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
RF chainline looks ok, but the SLX one definitely is wide. I reckon the RF with the spacers will play. I had the same issues as you with an XT triple crank on my then Banshee Spitfire and spacers fixed it.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Have you actually ridden it? I had issues getting the 11-50 11 speed cassette working on my bike. I got it close, rode it and it was fine, put it back on the stand and it was a bit cranky...