Crankworx Cairns

slowmick

38-39"
Well I think he will be missing a number of Thursday night catch ups in the near future. I think most of us have had that look on our face at some point. So shit anytime but extra shit in October with a whole summer in front of him. I guess he won't miss much racing though.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Well I think he will be missing a number of Thursday night catch ups in the near future. I think most of us have had that look on our face at some point. So shit anytime but extra shit in October with a whole summer in front of him. I guess he won't miss much racing though.
He was really looking forward to the DH race too. He was starting to show a return to pace before that flat and then this too. Injury sounds fairly nasty, hopefully he recovers well and has a good season next year.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
He’s had an unlucky run the last few races with the front flat at last EWS and then this. Coincidentally all since joining my riding group for a Thursday night spin :oops:
you bloody faffers put the hoodoo joodoo on him! :( still no idea how the eff you got him out to ride kala!

danncam

Likes Dirt
Watching the slope style feed and it's a cool looking unique course be the filming of it leaves a lot to be desired

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am watching some of the replays. Anyone else finding the commentators a bit disappointing?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very. The camerawork, and placement for the DH was shit too. Poor showing by RedBull if they are hoping to have a rebel tour next year.
It sounds like they have no idea what is going on for most of the race run. The hot seat also looks shit.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It sounds like they have no idea what is going on for most of the race run. The hot seat also looks shit.
The coverage only picked up a rider about 2m:45s (for the quickest guys) into a race run. By that stage they’d missed basically all the actual downhill sections, and surfie brah (fuuuuuuuuuuuck I hate that accent) and ol’ mate kiwi in commentary had to try and stoke the froth about two flat corner line choices around a couple of trees, one small rock step, and a several hundred metre sprint to the finish line.

Where the broadcast coverage picked up is roughly 2m:55s into this course preview form Kye A’hern’s - meaning it basically completely missed the technical and jump sections:

I didn’t mind the course, but it’s nowhere near World Cup worthy, seemingly either needing different lines with more tech or to cut 20sec off both ends of the course and make it a sprint.

Looked like a fun course to ride, but yeah. Not that interesting as a viewer.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The coverage only picked up a rider about 2m:45s (for the quickest guys) into a race run. By that stage they’d missed basically all the actual downhill sections, and surfie brah (fuuuuuuuuuuuck I hate that accent) and ol’ mate kiwi in commentary had to try and stoke the froth about two flat corner line choices around a couple of trees, one small rock step, and a several hundred metre sprint to the finish line.

Where the broadcast coverage picked up is roughly 2m:55s into this course preview form Kye A’hern’s - meaning it basically completely missed the technical and jump sections:

I didn’t mind the course, but it’s nowhere near World Cup worthy, seemingly either needing different lines with more tech or to cut 20sec off both ends of the course and make it a sprint.

Looked like a fun course to ride, but yeah. Not that interesting as a viewer.
It looks like Crankworx incorporated the top section + big rock garden & one?? of the motorway/jumps sections, but then it seems to somewhat nerfed, until it hooks up again with the bottom section and bridge to finishline. the Worlds course looked a lot more rough with exposed/semi-exposed roots etc, where the track looked way smoother for the crankworx track. could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.
Not sure if the CW track follows the worlds/WC track in its entirety.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
As with everything, the camera makes it look flatter that it is. I was there for worlds and whilst the lower 1/4 is not very steep, most of the rest is definitely not flat.

I blew out both 5TENs (soles delaminated) just walking it lol

Camera positions were a bit shit for sure, but as always track looks better in person.

Compress_20221009_223808_8322.jpg

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
It looks like Crankworx incorporated the top section + big rock garden & one?? of the motorway/jumps sections, but then it seems to somewhat nerfed, until it hooks up again with the bottom section and bridge to finishline. the Worlds course looked a lot more rough with exposed/semi-exposed roots etc, where the track looked way smoother for the crankworx track. could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.
Not sure if the CW track follows the worlds/WC track in its entirety.
CW track is just about the same as the WC track, for reasons I can't understand there didn't appear to be any cameras in the top half of the course, they got the starting gate and then nothing until about half way down.