Crash Pics Thread

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt

No where near as bad as some of the X-rays that have been posted on here, but bad enough to keep me off the bike for a while
Bummer. Is that grade 2? I recommend waiting AS LONG AS POSSIBLE before riding again. Ligaments are a bitch. My AC separation (bad grade 3, surgery) needed nearly 9 months before I was back at 100%. However, it has healed better than my broken collarbone. Chin ups are possible again!

stirk

Burner
Wife rode the dirt de femme today and second lap which finished off on the bottom of the DH/ 4x track managed to axe herself after getting off line passing people.

Damage: 1 broken clavicle, 1 broken scapula;
6x broken ribs, 4 minutes unconscious, 1 ambulance ride

View attachment 327845
How's your better half Mr Bear? Hopefully back in the saddle railing berms!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
How's your better half Mr Bear? Hopefully back in the saddle railing berms!
Back on the roadie riding to work, been back on the MTB a couple of time but will be a while to get her confidence back.

Seems to be having an issue with her ribs still, not sure what it is but they hurt intermittently...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Back on the roadie riding to work, been back on the MTB a couple of time but will be a while to get her confidence back.

Seems to be having an issue with her ribs still, not sure what it is but they hurt intermittently...
That was a monster off. The reason her ribs hurt is because ribs...they can be rather finicky. Last time I broke any (hit a tree snowboarding out of bounds...) it took a while for things to feel normal in everyday life. Then out of the blue, for no apparent reason they would remind me I had been silly.

Flow-Rider

Burner

That was a monster off. The reason her ribs hurt is because ribs...they can be rather finicky. Last time I broke any (hit a tree snowboarding out of bounds...) it took a while for things to feel normal in everyday life. Then out of the blue, for no apparent reason they would remind me I had been silly.
Yeah, same here, when I have a hard day on the bike they seem to give a dull ache every now and again.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yeah, same here, when I have a hard day on the bike they seem to give a dull ache every now and again.
So she saw the ortho today for the shoulder and he was pleased with the healing and range of movement.
However she also told him she was back MTB'ing and got told off and lectured for being back riding offroad already.
Apparently no riding offroad for another 6 weeks, as any fall could cause damage to the shoulder which can't be repaired through surgery...

Told him about the rib pain aaaaannnd.... he didn't give a shit, I hate doctors at times. Shrug shoulders and say forgettabout it.

moman

Likes Dirt
Just posted a thread about wearing knee pads when you can.

This is what can happen if you don't :/

Attachments

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Just posted a thread about wearing knee pads when you can.

This is what can happen if you don't :/
Oh fuck, now I wish I didn't prompt you to post a picture!!

That's nasty, hopefully as you say a flesh wound. Heel fast moman.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That's nasty, hopefully as you say a flesh wound. Heel fast moman.
+1, although you do look to have a very nice kneecap bone. Don't see many of those.

Get well soon. If you don't buy yourself Kevlar / titanium kneepads in future then I'll definitely pass the hat around on your behalf.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
"I can see kneerly now the pain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. All of the dark clouds had me blind. It's going to be a bright, bright knee shiny day..." with significant apologies to Johnny Cash and whoever wrote that song.