CRC issue

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
Cheers for the heads up.
i had a couple of orders from them in February. All went smoothly. (quicker then shipping from Aus where i live!) and no sign of any CCard problems. Lets hope it stays that way!

tumble

Likes Dirt
I placed a small order last Friday 11th which should be here early this coming week. I was charged the correct amount on my VISA. No problem here.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
My small order 2 weeks ago was fine.

It's highly unlikely it's still happening, and you're covered for the loss anyway assuming you're not stupid about it. :)

scblack

Leucocholic
Their credit card provider appears to have been hacked. It is well covered in other forums.

The issue has hit my credit card. Back on 26th February I placed a small order, arrived eventually, but this weekend suspicious transactions have been attempted on my credit card, which Commonwealth Bank stopped before they hit the account. A test transaction on Netflix was done, then about $1,500 of transactions went to the card. All declined by the bank. But credit card has been cancelled and a new one will be issued.

Bank security was great.

I have done about 6 or 7 orders with CRC over the last year or so, with no problems until now.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Interesting, we ordered with CRC a few weeks back two separate orders me and the bf. Both C/C cancelled within days of each other after the banks (two different banks by the way) called us to say security had been compromised.

The bank told me someone had tried to put a transaction through my card with Apple in the USA. No info on what was tried with the other card.

No monies lost, the banks get full marks for picking up this stuff and stopping the cards.

Maybe PayPal is the best bet for CRC for now.

p.s we have ordered from many places online recently so it's not necessarily CRC from our point of view but the other forum links indicate it may well be

Craven Moorehead

Likes Bikes
Same thing happened to me,someone tried to put a $1 charge on my card through Yahoo and NAB security picked it up.Apparently they try a small amount first and if that goes through they go for a bigger one.The only online site I've used is CRC.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same here. Bank called today saying my card has been compromised and they are cancellling it. I checked the account and there's nothing odd on there so I'm lucky I guess. My last order with CRC was just after Xmas.

Bilza_ridez

Banned
just had a look on the crc facebook page
most people who have been scammed said that there cards were used to
by prepaid from 02 top up which is some sort of Czech mobile company...
Crc keep giving the same answer about how they cant find anything :/ when asked about the fraud. Hope they sort it out

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Same here. Bank called today saying my card has been compromised and they are cancellling it. I checked the account and there's nothing odd on there so I'm lucky I guess. My last order with CRC was just after Xmas.

Exactly the same thing happened to me today.
No dodgy transactions, last crc order around xmas time

I mentioned crc to my bank, but the person I was speaking too did not have the details on hand as to where the problem occured (a different dept had that). But she did say the card was comprimised today. So I dont know if it was just a co-incidence or it was from crc.

As someone else already mentioned, big props to the banks for picking this stuff up so quick.

Last edited:

Boreit

Likes Dirt
+1

have had most of my cards canceeled over the last cpl days... one card hadnt been used since 2009! hopefully noone gets done over.....

fairy1

Banned
My local Building Society wanted to give me a new card every time I spent money on a Canadian site, never got a new card, never had a problem with the phishing scams that supposedly run rife in Canadia.

Last edited:
Me too...

Just had both my visa debit and credit cards canned this arvo. Last thing they were used for was a CRC order just after Xmas.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Paypal ?

I have purchased a few thing this year through CRC, all the transactions have been through Paypal, and have not had any issues....so far.

I would recommend that you consider using paypal.. hopefully they have better cc security ?

Bilza_ridez

Banned
I have purchased a few thing this year through CRC, all the transactions have been through Paypal, and have not had any issues....so far.

I would recommend that you consider using paypal.. hopefully they have better cc security ?
People have said that by using pay pal you cant get done by the fraudsters
probably a good option to start using pay pal on CRC :)

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You also save on the international transaction fee!

On another note, whats the go from changing postage from parcel force to British mail? My small order recently took over 3 weeks form dispatch to arrival!