CT-18 "Car and Moto" wash With hose adaptor. Best thing since Milo

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I've used CT-18 for ages on the moto and now on the MTB as well. One part CT-18 to four parts water in a squeegy bottle, then after wetting the bike with hose, spray it all over with the CT-18. Set the hose to "tiny dribble" and wipe over everything with a cloth and dribble of water. Rinse well, and done :)

This means you can buy it in the regular 4litre container which is around $40 for 4 litres, rather than the hose attachment bottle which is around 50% more expensive per litre. And I think it would do a better job when water pressure alone doesn't shift the dirt.

Either way though it's great stuff and I've never noticed any deterioration on the dirtbike from using it for 3+ years (it has painted bits too).

p.s. Milo goes well on ice cream :p

RMB

Likes Dirt
Ive been using CT18 for over 15 years on my mountain bikes, never had to replace seals, no paint fade etc. I put a small amount in a spray bottle add water, apply to a wet bike then hose down after 2 beers. I do this after every ride wether my bike is filthy or not, a clean bike is a fast bike.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Since when was milo any good?
Milo has the best marketing team ever. Who ever convinced the mums of Australia that something that is mostly sugar is good for their kids should get the legend of the millennium award

Plow King

Little bit.
Milo has the best marketing team ever. Who ever convinced the mums of Australia that something that is mostly sugar is good for their kids should get the legend of the millennium award
Nah, of course it's good for you. Sugar mixed with particles of vitamins. Hey, I mean you could get the same vitamins in fruit/vege but they don't taste like chocolate do they. :p

n2o spark

Likes Dirt
We used to spray on dry with an air compressor, leave to set up, then high pressure hose off - on motorcycles. Nil labour involved though, awesome stuff. Yes of course avoid anything involving sealed/semi sealed lubrication as it will thin and degrade any and all greases, oils etc. Can attack thinning or degraded clearcoat too...

[Its Floody here, Kai left it signed in]

sam705

Likes Dirt
Some of you may have seen some of the older RawNRG hire bikes getting around with bronzey-brown coloured rims a few years back... They used to be black and you can guess what changed them.. :)
My brother has an ex- RawNRG hire bike and it has none of this mentioned.

I always thought the bronze/brown coloured components just just simple fading. My first mountain bike was a Mongoose and the black hubs, skewer ect faded to bronze, i only ever washed it with water. No different to a friend of mines bike.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Yes of course avoid anything involving sealed/semi sealed lubrication as it will thin and degrade any and all greases, oils etc. Can attack thinning or degraded clearcoat too...
Good call, that's why it shouldn't be used on bicycles. Just get a brush and rubthe dirt ff your frame, then use Mr. Sheen on a rag, then lubricate. Lot's more work involved.
I used to use CT18 diluted on my motorbikes with no problems, but they're not bicycles, which have sissy little light seals in comparison.