Cube

John U

MTB Precision
Got a Cube roadie locally. Bought the particular model based on the custom fit mud guards that were available.
Local distro didn’t stock and wouldn’t get the guards.
Cube wouldn’t respond to emails. Eventually got a response via a second company going direct to a Cube contact. Guards would not be available. Bike was still on the Cube site spruiking the benefits of the custom guards.
It’s still a solid bike, and performing well. Local store support was reasonable and bike was good value. Back up from Cube head office was far from impressive.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
.... Local distro didn’t stock and wouldn’t get the guards.
Cube wouldn’t respond to emails. Eventually got a response via a second company..... Guards would not be available.
Back up from Cube head office was far from impressive.
Hmmm...
Sounds very dodgy. Prolly no Aussie warranty.
I think you should buy a used Giant for sure....

....like mine!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

John U

MTB Precision
Hmmm...
Sounds very dodgy. Prolly no Aussie warranty.
I think you should buy a used Giant for sure....

....like mine!

I reckon I’d be fine with a frame issue. My problem was the bike wasn’t available as advertised. The guards were a key factor in making the choice.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I reckon I’d be fine with a frame issue. My problem was the bike wasn’t available as advertised. The guards were a key factor in making the choice.
So what you're really saying is the the OP should definitely consider a good second hand Giant Trance....in nice condition, with some upgrade parts...?
Yeah I reckon that too.

So anyhoo....turns out I'm thinking about selling my bike....

moorey

call me Mia
So what you're really saying is the the OP should definitely consider a good second hand Giant Trance
Spitfire in nice condition, with some upgrade parts...?
Yeah I reckon that too.

So anyhoo....turns out I'm thinking about selling my bike....

Fixed. :p

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So what you're really saying is the the OP should definitely consider keeping his current bike ....in average condition, with some upgrade parts...?
Yeah my wife reckon's that too.

So anyhoo....turns out I'm thinking about keeping my bike....

Fixed.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So creepy..... it's like we're married to the same woman. Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Here's the deal then. We are best friends who grew up together and miraculously saved each others lives when we younger. We dont want to talk about specifics of the events because its too traumatic but we did promise each other that we would buy the other one something awesome for our (insert age here) birthday and reminded each other of that the other day when we bumped into each other. Now, what we do is, you buy the "present" (bike) you want and give it to me and I will wrap it up and give it back to you and then you do the same for me on my bday.

I think it might work.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're a genius!
.... but my birthday is January

My wife doesnt need to know that. Then you just need to hide it from yours till January which should be fine if you just lean it against another bike. Sorta like what they do with new clothes.

Reactions: PJO