Current rides.. Booya!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought id post up a couple pics of my current rides, now my new DH bike is together..
Very happy with how the 224 rides with its new spec compared to my old 223 (which was still great).
Elka shock seems to be working great too.. just a few more tweaks and it should be dialled pretty quick.
Bit lazy to post full spec.. all you need to know is its light.. like around/under 16kg light.
Colour didn’t quiet turn out how i wanted it, but its growing on me in a industrial urban kinda way..

Also my 4x bike has since been taken over by my girlfriend (if you notice the seat!)..
Better pics are on a previous post, and it now has Fox F100 15qr’s and lost even more weight.
Full spec here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?187598-Percentage-FX-1

The Commencal Meta4 should have been finished by now but temporarily made way for the new DH bike, which is my main bike.

Ive also started building up a new Intense Pro XL BMX (as i originally came from a background racing bmx for many years before wrecking my knee and finding my one true love.... Beer!).

As always, big thanks to Phantom Cycles for there help.
www.phantomcycles.com.au

Attachments

Last edited:

lobstar

Likes Dirt
looking really nice, though i liked the red on the 223 alot more!
Yeah I'm running an elka too funny enough, beautiful shock, loving it, though as you said takes a while to get dialed in.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking really nice, though i liked the red on the 223 alot more!
Yeah I'm running an elka too funny enough, beautiful shock, loving it, though as you said takes a while to get dialed in.
Yeh im not 100% convinced with this colour yet.. i may even strip it down again and choose something else once it gets a bit tatty..

Elka really suits the frame as it tends to sit high in the travel, and is loads better than the tuned Dhx5 i had on the 223. I also have roller bearing kit installed as well which may also play a part. (see pic)

I just put a pair of Saint 4-pot brakes on today as well, as ill use the elixirs for my xc bike.

What ride you on now mate? Last i saw you went from the 223 to a Ndiza or was it a Reign? then sold it? You’re worse than me haha

Attachments

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh didnt turn out how i thought it would unfortunately.. looks a lot more matt in the photos too :confused: I may strip it down again if i could be bothered.

lobstar

Likes Dirt
Yeh im not 100% convinced with this colour yet.. i may even strip it down again and choose something else once it gets a bit tatty..

Elka really suits the frame as it tends to sit high in the travel, and is loads better than the tuned Dhx5 i had on the 223. I also have roller bearing kit installed as well which may also play a part. (see pic)

I just put a pair of Saint 4-pot brakes on today as well, as ill use the elixirs for my xc bike.

What ride you on now mate? Last i saw you went from the 223 to a Ndiza or was it a Reign? then sold it? You’re worse than me haha
haha yeah, was pretty bad (and working at a shop now, doesn't help too much), I was looking at something that I could use for everything, which is pretty impossible. And wasn't 100% on the riding I wanted to do, now fully into downhill, training a lot which helps a lot.
I'm running a banshee scythe at the moment, bit of a freeride bike, but I installed some 1.5 degree angle reducers so it runs slack and low now.
Just chucked on some saint calipers to my xt brakes, best upgrade I think I have ever done, they pull you up ridiculously quickly.
Yeah raw oranges look sick, just wait for that paint job to get messed up.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WO , looks hot . I dig the colour but its the red bits that look M . Have you got a bloody meta ? . Bike slag you wona ride Sunday , im feeling fast :eek:

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sick bikes man, The Orange is mad.
Good to hear a little more about the Shock from someone who isn't trying to sell them.

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice looking rides mate, that percentage is definatley one hot ride. seems to be a common theme with your bikes.
Beat that intense will look rad ;) cant wait to see her built up again