Cushcore or DoubleDown

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Man I wish, I'd be happy to lose 4kg atm. I'm more interested in rim preservation than puncturing, couple of sniper rocks got me last time I rode there.

View attachment 392190

Theres a few sections where they've left a few nasty rocks littered amongst the hardpack, right where you land after a few booters. Will certainly come in handy though for Maydena and Derby trips in the next few months as well.
Jeez that looks like fun though!!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
In all honesty I'm frightened to both fit cushcore with a DD tyre and then try and get it off again when needed without prior experience. plus the extra 500gms of rotating mass?
Beats pushing ur bike or walking cos u sliced the tyre / exploded the rim.
No matter what way u look at it, 120kgs on a noddle casing at race pace ain’t going to be great.
Lighter casing for showing off on a PYR or local trails. Heavier casing if you actually need to finish a race.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Guys that run rimpact, you running the original or the pro. Because I swear the rimpact makes my bike feel harsher. Definitely feels better with a cushcore in the rear.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys that run rimpact, you running the original or the pro. Because I swear the rimpact makes my bike feel harsher. Definitely feels better with a cushcore in the rear.
Original, can't say I've noticed it being harsher.

Perhaps the stiffer build of the Pro reduces effective "suspension" travel in the tyre?

clockworked

Like an orange
Man I wish, I'd be happy to lose 4kg atm. I'm more interested in rim preservation than puncturing, couple of sniper rocks got me last time I rode there.

View attachment 392190

Theres a few sections where they've left a few nasty rocks littered amongst the hardpack, right where you land after a few booters. Will certainly come in handy though for Maydena and Derby trips in the next few months as well.
Its a lot smoother just going over the rock on the right. Where that bit if dirt upramp is. I'll see if i can upload a vid

Mattyp

Cows go boing
These look decent, I like the shape, anyone run them? No results on a search or in the old inserts thread.
I just got one... Be warned, the pretty pictures on the site are just that... These actually look like a crumpled up pool noodle, in fact i would say someone has run a $2 pool noodle through some hot wire and glued it into a circle... But they are light, and the added weight is what has always put me off from using other types of inserts.
I'll let you know if I have any dramas fitting it this weekend.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Well I'm running a DD for this weekend so we'll see how that goes. I also now see why people compain about maxxis tyres. the near new DHR I put on has a bigger kink than I girl I dated a few years ago.