DH Custom 09 glory (full sram build) 2010 Boxxer World Cups.

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
Hey

This is my 09 Giant glory IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOD. Have to give a huge thanks to Ben Morrison (Moshy) for an awesome deal.

Looks 100% better in the flesh and blood, these photos dont do it any justice!!!

SPEC::eek:

Frame -09 GIANT glory
shock -Fox dhx5 Ti spring
forks -Rock Shox Boxxer WC
Handlebars -Funn fatboy
Stem -twenty6
Headset -Fsa ACB with carbon spacers and "hope" top cap
Grips -odi
Saddle -funn
Seatpost -thomson elite
brake -Avid elixir cr with code mag callipers
Cranks -Truvativ Holzfeller oct
Chainguide -Gamut p40
Pedals -shimano DX (not sram but great pedals)
Front derailleur -pffffft
Rear derailleur -Sram XO
Rear shifter -Sram XO
Rear axel- Rock shox maxel
Cassette -Sram 23-11 ironised orange
Front hub -Mavic deemax YELLOW
Rear hub -Mavic deemax YELLOW
Front rim -Mavic deemax/TUBLESS YELLOW
Rear rim -Mavic deemax/TUBLESS YELLOWW
Tyres -Maxxis minoins both fronts
Tubes - SILTCH/TUBLESS

Also has my lucky mud gaurd that dosent do anything but "hey", its lucky;)

Total weight - 18 ish

Anyways here its is, tell us what you think???? all comments welcome.

Last edited:

aidz44

Likes Dirt
Why?

Maybe he wants to adjust it?
you can still adjust it from the top if you flip it, plus your bashy there stays un modified (usually a good thing).

just be careful with those carbon levers i have already broken (about $100 to replace) i emailed Twenty6 and they said that an elixer lever will be coming out in the next month.

still looks nice

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
you can still adjust it from the top if you flip it, plus your bashy there stays un modified (usually a good thing).

just be careful with those carbon levers i have already broken (about $100 to replace) i emailed Twenty6 and they said that an elixer lever will be coming out in the next month.

still looks nice
i have two bashys so its all good. i have been tossing up the idea flipping it back but i have riddin a few glories with the shock the normal way and i swear this feels 10x better...just hope i dont break my levers haha

Last edited:

mitch_46

Likes Dirt
hey man, looks soo nice, i saw you at stromlo when you picked it up, then pushed up lol, (we were in the white hilux with the blue trailer) hope it rides as good as it looks, shame it started pissing down:mad:

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
if it works for you, then run / ride with it
Lower unsprung weight, several top dudes run it this way (or so i'm told)

Seriously, nicest glory ever. The asking price on that bike made me wonder if it was actually made out of chewing gum shaped like all those trick parts. So much money spent :eek:

damo18

Likes Bikes
hey mate sweet bike, how much did your maxle cost, did it save much weight and did you need to buy a new hanger for it.

cheers
damo

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
Nice bike mate,

A bit off topic but can somebody please explain why the glory's have don't have a symmetrical down tube (not head tube), very evident in the last pic. Its as if the down tube flairs at different points running down the tube.

Last edited:

sram001

Likes Dirt
its designed to house a big 1.5 head set to take the load, whilst the upper is still 1 1/8 for weight saving....

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
hey mate sweet bike, how much did your maxle cost, did it save much weight and did you need to buy a new hanger for it.

cheers
damo
Im not too sure how much they cost but its a S load lighter than the orginal one, It might come with hangers but not too sure... but you cant run the standid ones because it nees thread to lock it on.

Russ

nskz

Likes Dirt
Nice bike mate,

A bit off topic but can somebody please explain why the glory's have don't have a symmetrical down tube (not head tube), very evident in the last pic. Its as if the down tube flairs at different points running down the tube.
The downtube is offset to the left for driveline packaging/chainline reasons. It has to be offset because it still needs to be wide enough for the shock to fit through. The shock is also offset to the left and both upper and lower links are also assymetric.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
The downtube is offset to the left for driveline packaging/chainline reasons. It has to be offset because it still needs to be wide enough for the shock to fit through. The shock is also offset to the left and both upper and lower links are also assymetric.
The offset shock is to make the bike more balanced right? to compensate for the rear shifted for the chainline + drivetrain being on one side?

Jake K

Likes Dirt
Man that bike is just sex in wheels.... :D
And also is that black paint on the top tube been custom sprayed because the 09 glory's ive seen are all blue on the top tube