VIC Custom Cargo Bike

roofguy

Likes Dirt
Item: Larry vs Harry Bullitt copy.
Item Condition: Custom build so I'll say used.
Reason for selling: As below.
Price and price conditions: $1800 ONO
Extra Info: Build thread; https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/cargo-bike-for-my-kid-or-an-esky.302880/page-2
Pictures:

Hi all.

Regretfully my cargo bike is going to have to move on. Its been good having it but the family has outgrown it.

The bike is a custom frame build using the dimensions from a Larry vs Harry Bullitt. The frame is real steel that has been clear powder coated to show the nice blue'd welds etc. Its running XT hydro discs and XTR shifter,R/D combo. More details available on request.

Also included is a marine ply sheet that bolts to the frame that holds a child car seat (also included) if you want to cruise around with your kid.

Its a pretty cool bike in my opinion and even different to the one its based on making it a bit more unique.

Attached is links to the L vs H website for more detai

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Damn, that's sweet!

I wonder what my 13yo would think if I strapped him into the kids seat and took him for a spin?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

roofguy

Likes Dirt
What size is the riders compartment? Or conversely, how tall are you?
I'm 6'3" however the frame was about a 20 inch when I started and there's normal seat post adjustment.

I will say normal rules don't completely apply as these type of bikes need to be ridden "differently" as you kind of have to ride them from the back wheel.

Its a hoot to ride and plenty of people give you the thumbs up when cruising around especially kids. I've taken a few guys from work on the front so it'll hold a full size adult. Never had the chance to strap an esky on it though.

Looks better in the flesh and the clear powder coating makes it look "wet" for no better term.

I've seen more "upright" style cargo bikes however this one is a bit more lean foward in its design.

PJO

in me vL comy
Awesome bike!!
I have a Larry vs Harry Bullitt and my kids are growing out of it also.
Don't think I will sell it though it's great for trips to the shops and the beach.

roofguy

Likes Dirt
Damn, that's sweet!

I wonder what my 13yo would think if I strapped him into the kids seat and took him for a spin?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Well I've had my 5 year old stand on the plank that I have and straddle the top tube while the other one sits in child seat.