Custom cycling clothing?

Hi Guys,
I am looking into getting some custom cycling clothing made up as part of our business, so that we can offer to sell it as merchandise and promote our business. We aren't even looking at making any money of it. The amount of hours I spend commuting, I may as well have a billboard on my back. I am happy to even give them away to people I know that commute 5 days a week in the area of our business.

Are you guys able to share any shops that make custom cycling clothing (jersey/shorts) for relatively cheap but still decent quality?
I don't think we could really offer jerseys for more than $50/60 tbh. My initial budget for numbers would be <$1k for now.

I also really need to company to be relatively good at helping us design it. We do have a great graphic designer with already established logo's and tempates and so forth, but would really be nice to have a good understanding on how to lay it all out.

Any help with recommendations would be really appreciated! (I had a look and there are a number of sites out there, but some reviews)

Cheers!

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
I know a few clubs and race organizers that have used this company

They seem to be good quality but I'm thinking they will be around $80 each? (as far as I know that's a standard price)

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Give Carl a call at Nemisis Cycle Clothing, I have used him twice for our stuff he is excellent. Check out the other stuff he has done on his site, if you wanna check out out jerseys give me a pm.

I now will use no one other than Carl at Nemisis.

Regards,

Mars.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Scody, used them a few times now, really good!

your graphic designer will get sent a template, they can create the artwork in Illustrator (theyll need to use their PMS colours), and then they will create it to their ways at their end, you get to see it and sign off on it first, really good to deal with!

been ages since I've even looked that old jersey/logo's..

Attachments

Last edited:

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Noticed you're from Canberra - check out these guys as they are local lads www.versant.com.au

I have seen a bit of there work and there jerseys are great - the best part is that they don't make you have their logo on your jerseys which I think is important when you're getting custom work done. One of the guys is a graphic designer who is very talented ( if you provide them with logos etc, unlike other places they will have only a small design fee and they don't have any set up fees etc )

Drop them a line, great guys, and I am sure they will help you out with whatever you need ( I am sure they would have samples for you )

Last edited:

sally xcountry

Cannon Fodder
value + clothing!

Theres heaps of mainfacturers , but We used the guys at Niche Distributions and the clothing turned out awesome; and the jerseys were like $ 40ea! which was the cheapest in Oz. They did a smoking design for us for free as well.
Give em a call and ask for a sample to check out.

Sal

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Currently searching throught he 'burn for some info on custom jerseys. Can anyone recommend any Melbourne based ones?

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hi Guys,
I am looking into getting some custom cycling clothing made up as part of our business, so that we can offer to sell it as merchandise and promote our business. We aren't even looking at making any money of it. The amount of hours I spend commuting, I may as well have a billboard on my back. I am happy to even give them away to people I know that commute 5 days a week in the area of our business.

Are you guys able to share any shops that make custom cycling clothing (jersey/shorts) for relatively cheap but still decent quality?
I don't think we could really offer jerseys for more than $50/60 tbh. My initial budget for numbers would be <$1k for now.

I also really need to company to be relatively good at helping us design it. We do have a great graphic designer with already established logo's and tempates and so forth, but would really be nice to have a good understanding on how to lay it all out.

Any help with recommendations would be really appreciated! (I had a look and there are a number of sites out there, but some reviews)

Cheers!
We have used a few different companies for our club jerseys but Scody were the best bang for the buck (and right first time).

Final cost/unit is really driven by the number of units you want.

The other peice of advice would be only consider companies that have experience with cycle gear. Our experience is that the footy /soccer/basketball jersey, etc manufacturers have no clue about proper cycle tops.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Thanks redbruce. I'll check out Scody. I pretty much figured that the $$/unit will be driven by the size of the order.