Custom Rides

Mason

Likes Dirt
How many of you have something that you have on your bike that no one else would ever have, such as holes drilled in a VPS linkage plate like a few I have seen, or a paint job. It can take 5 inches to 7 somehow. I was thinking about getting a custom paint job on my bike, but i have no idea how much it would cost. But it would be wicked if i did. Im thinking more along the lines of custom flames :p

Ty

Eats Squid
coustom paint cost lots and lots, you can't use normaly air brushing techniques with a MTB cos the paint has to be super tough, which normaly means they have to lay down lots and lots of clear coat which takes time and alot of paint.

as for the general idea of riding something that no-one else has, it's pretty cool, not too many people have Planet X frames around here so everyone always has a be of look at my little hardtail (i think the hardcore camo paint job helps too).

Mason

Likes Dirt
Ya i'v seen a picture of your bike Ty', and it looks to have a very pimpin' hardtail

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
i made a chain guide for my hardtail didn't drop a chain in 2 years .no shit either. ok cept when a stick got cought in it . but thats not the same thing.