Cycling event suggestions please

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
I've just had my plans to ride in the LEtape derailed due to family commitments so I am looking for another endurance cycling event in October to November within about 4 hours drive of Sydney.
Current options are
Highland Fling
Solo 24hr
Kowalski Classic

Needs to be a weekend event so I don't burn too many brownie points. Could be a road race.
Look forward to some suggestions.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hang out, get some extra training in, and do the next Indian Pacific Wheel Race. I reckon with a bit of hustle you'd be done in a weekend......or eight.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Craigp.

Squid
I rode the Highland and Kowalski last year as a first timer.

Highly recommend!

I'll be back this year for sure, both different styles, Kowalski more single track, highland a lot more open with some fire roads and paddocks etc.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Both the Fling and Kowalski Classic are awesome. If you are up for a 24hr solo then the Fling 100 mile would certainly be an option.

For a road ride the Bowral Classic is pretty good. Did the inaugural ride last year and was impressed.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
My thoughts so far are
Fling 100 mile would be a big push but more fun and cheaper than the solo 24 and I get free accomodation in a house in Bundanoon. I've done the Fling twice so I know what I'd be in for I think........
The Kowalski will definitely be the most fun

Might do the Kow as training for the fling, entry fees for both would be about the same as L'Etape.

I'll check out the Bowral, classic thanks SlowManiac

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Canberra has lots

ACT dirt:
Solo 24 / 6+6
CORC Six66
Sri Chinmoy Triple Tri (if you can swim & run, or have mates who can)

Road things:
Fitz' Challenge / Epic / whichever
Around the Bay
Gong Ride (not long enough?)

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Thanks for those suggestions, I had no idea about the Fitz challenge. That might be one for next year. Serious bike rides have been put on hold as we're renovating to sell up here in Sydney and move to Canberra so I have even less free time for training.