Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
road & dirt track?
we've got a roadie thread, at least CX is only half as bad...

there is definitely some sweet examples floating around the place according to fingerbook groups, so post up what ya got!

scored a run out 2014 Threshold A3 for a steal, upgraded the shimano sora drivetrain to 1x10 sram force, wheels to kinesis crosslights, and the beanbag crushing saddle to a tioga cheesegrater... goes like a (fat man on a) scalded cat now.

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
That's very very nice Mitchy.

Except for the flat pedals :behindsofa:
i know i know... at the moment its used to ride to the gym, as i've also done a fantastic job of missing every race this season... i should make the last one though :lol:
i've got some SPD-SL's here, but i think plain SPD's would be better for CX.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine's a Trek Boone. So utterly utterly capable and full of fun! The do everything bike.

Clean
boone1.jpg

Dirty
boone2.jpg

Action
boone3.jpg

Danny B

Likes Dirt
^great shot and very cool bike.

Here's my CX rig:

pre-race

post-race

(was muddier - this was after driving 100kms home in light rain!)

Only changes since these shots were taken are rolling the bars back a few degrees (and left lever was realigned - derp).

I feel the 11-36 is too much range for CX so will swap it for a 11-28 for next season. 1x10 is perfect for CX tho'

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Nice bike - what size front chainring are you running?
Thanks! I like it. 40T (Narrow Wide) - small enough to handle some tough CX courses and big enough to not spin out too quickly on gravel rides, or commuting.

I run a 50/34 double with barcon shifters when doing loaded touring.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Mine's a Trek Boone. So utterly utterly capable and full of fun! The do everything bike.
Hydro CX1? bastard. ideal drivetrain.

I feel the 11-36 is too much range for CX so will swap it for a 11-28 for next season. 1x10 is perfect for CX tho'

Thanks! I like it. 40T (Narrow Wide) - small enough to handle some tough CX courses and big enough to not spin out too quickly on gravel rides, or commuting.
whilst not having done an actual race, i've plodded around some of the courses and discovered 1x10 with 11-28 up the back is perfect. i've got a regular 38T ring with a makeshift top guide just to test it out, but a 40T would be the sweet spot.
it's just a shame 110/130BCD NW rings are so expensive! cost near enough $100 for my wolftooth 44T NW ring for the other bike. :/

here's my home made top guide. very crude, but has done the job well!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
uploadfromtaptalk1409961363660.jpg

That's my bike on a recent gravel grind. Soma doublecross, dura ace 50/34-12/25 gearing, avid bb7s. Hope/shimano xt/wtb Chris cross wheels. Running 41c knard tires in that picture. 33c Maxxis raze for racing and 25c conti 4 seasons for road use.

No doubt the most versatile and best bike I've owned.

Now has bar end shifters, racks and easier gearing in preparation for a tour I'm doing.

Planning a full blown race build for early next year. Sram hydro, carbon tubs, etc.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
1 x 10 ?

42t Race Face wide narrow with 11-36 rear.

And tubeless Nextie wheels.

rone

Eats Squid
Looks like a great whip for getting about some of the Ferntree trails - what frame is that and where was the trail photo taken?
'Tis a Surly Cross Check 56cm. The trail photo was taken on Pipeline, just below the steps down from the pub at Fern Tree.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
1 x 10 ?

42t Race Face wide narrow with 11-36 rear.

And tubeless Nextie wheels.
wish i knew RF did CX sized NW rings, cheap too! where did you get yours? looks like CRC and wiggle have only just listed them and waiting for stock.