Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
both the pivot and focus are sexy!

You must be a fucking fast rider to justify that!

Very very nice.
i can assure sure i am way slower than my blinged up TCX would indicate!

i need as much carbon help as i can to stop being slow. :lol:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
omg I was deliberating a thru axle focus today and then this comes up...

Must be a sign. Time to retire qr and move all my bikes to TA now I think.

Now I have something to add.

Just picked up this a few hours ago.

Norco Threshold 105.
My first road orientated bike. Its time to sell the 29er HT now.

^^
Through Axles F & R. :)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Now I have something to add.

Just picked up this a few hours ago.

Norco Threshold 105.
My first road orientated bike. Its time to sell the 29er HT now.

^^
Through Axles F & R. :)
Hey out of interest, I assume TA's on these cross bikes are the same as MTB (15mm and 12x142)? I know it's a stupid question but you never know with all these standards.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nah... slow and old !

Wheels are tubeless using Vittoria TNT's and some Stans, one stroke of a track pump and they are building pressure. Really easy setup with TNT tyres.

Hey out of interest, I assume TA's on these cross bikes are the same as MTB (15mm and 12x142)? I know it's a stupid question but you never know with all these standards.
You know, I never thought to ask. I know the front is 15mm but I'm yet to pull off the rear wheel to take a look. Im pretty sure it IS 12x142, but cant guarantee it.

This morning after night shift I took my first proper ride. Its awesome! This is my first road style bike and I thought it was going to be super rough on the bike tracks but its great. I don't have a sore ass after 50kms and I wasn't wearing any ass padding. I love it.

Photos because everyone like pics.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
I like these bikes :). All of them. Much fun being had on curly wurly bars! Mine (the altamira cx a few pages back) is also my commutebeast, and I love how it opens up so many different rides to and from work... don't have to get out the AM beast for a bit of dirt action on the sly anymore, I can reserve it for it's proper job of smashing trail. Life is good!

takai

Eats Squid
Hehe, yeah stupid plastic plugs kept falling out. Grabbed some champers corks from the MUMM tent at the GP. Problem Solved!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
MTBérs roadie

Haven't had time or will power to take the dinner plate and reflectors off ... last thing on my mind when I get near it.

I find I ride this more then my MTBs now days ... loves my grassy training tracks near home and I've managed to learn how to rail the puppy, especially with the post down ... just can't do the hip I normally blast with the mtb, but getting close :dance: ... scary but giggle worthy in the descents.

I'm never in the drops ... should I shorten my stem ?? 100mm right now, thinking 85mm

Have recently put slicks on it for road miles so leaving the 100mm on for now.

edit ... that Pivot and Focus ... yummy

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Haven't had time or will power to take the dinner plate and reflectors off ... last thing on my mind when I get near it.

I find I ride this more then my MTBs now days ... loves my grassy training tracks near home and I've managed to learn how to rail the puppy, especially with the post down ... just can't do the hip I normally blast with the mtb, but getting close :dance: ... scary but giggle worthy in the descents.

I'm never in the drops ... should I shorten my stem ?? 100mm right now, thinking 85mm
Damn...I like that. Dropper on a CX bike...genius. But that's probably why you are never in the drops. If you are standing on the pedals then do that is going to be tricky

On singletrack, I'm almost always in the drops on the CX and hunched out the back of the saddle as it tightens up the handling and allows proper brake control (for me anyway). All that said though...I also run short and steep stems on both the CX and the Ghettograveller...