Dakine pick up pad ?

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
Hi , I have been looking for some time to purchase a dakine pick up pad and I have had a lot of trouble trying to find a website or some one who can order them in Aus! If anyone knows where to buy one would love to know, the old bit of foam has done its job time to upgrade, cheers

Mitto68

Likes Bikes
Mate I bought a Thule gate mate thats the same thing and it works a treat. Should be able to get one ordered at any roof rack store that stocks Thule.

geeba

Likes Bikes
pick up pad

hi there, for the riders in brisbane had them a while back ,they are a great investment the bikes dont seem to move at all

nathanm

Eats Squid
Mate I bought a Thule gate mate thats the same thing and it works a treat. Should be able to get one ordered at any roof rack store that stocks Thule.
Yep +1 on that, cost me $129 and has more features than the Dakine. Just check your size though as there's two 48 & 54" from memory. bought the 54 but have now ordered the 48 as it's too long for my MN triton.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have one in Sydney that I dont need anymore as I changed jobs and lost the company ute - It's yours for 50 bucks, PM me if your keen...

cressa

Likes Dirt
+2 to this. I just got one from http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ (who by the way shipped really quick and prices were good, i'll recommend them)

Used it for the first time yesterday and it was great. Bikes didn't move and I didn't have to tie them in. I went with Thule as it has a velvety, duco friendly underside as well as a strap across the top to teether bikes to if needed.

dunndog

Eats Squid
+2 to this. I just got one from http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ (who by the way shipped really quick and prices were good, i'll recommend them)

Used it for the first time yesterday and it was great. Bikes didn't move and I didn't have to tie them in. I went with Thule as it has a velvety, duco friendly underside as well as a strap across the top to teether bikes to if needed.
Do you have a link to that mate? Used yours to the website but couldn't find the item..

dunndog

Eats Squid
To be honest, I've been using a blue cargo rug thing (used by a lot of van couriers/truck drivers for packing, usually blue with a zig zag weave stitch every 30 odd mm), fold it over in thirds and been using that for over 2 years, only now is it starting to show signs of wear. Dunno if I'd bother dropping the coin on one of these.. but then again i've spent far more to get far less..

A peice of doubled over shagpile carpet does the trick for me. No one will steal it either and easy to replace.

The only thing I have found is even with a soft side on the paint work the diesel particles and dust has done loads of Damage to my hilux.

moorey

call me Mia
Pool noodle, towel and zip ties. Sorted.
But it's on a defender, and I don't give a fuck about appearances.

dunndog

Eats Squid
A peice of doubled over shagpile carpet does the trick for me. No one will steal it either and easy to replace.

The only thing I have found is even with a soft side on the paint work the diesel particles and dust has done loads of Damage to my hilux.
Yeah that'll happen with anything though.. still easily beats the shit outta using a trailer!

cressa

Likes Dirt
Do you have a link to that mate? Used yours to the website but couldn't find the item..
Hmm seems to no longer be there. Maybe I got the last one in stock.

And I do agree that blankets, carpet etc all do the job but I'm rolling in a brand new ute so am looking at keeping up appearances ;) . Beyond that being weather proof as well as secure is a bonus.

wagon boy

Likes Dirt
The dakine pads are imported by kwt, the guys that a primarily responsible for maxxis tyres in aus. Hit up your local store, support a shop that supports local riding.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yakimma does a pad as well and I noticed they are trying to increase there share in Aus so might be worth checking out.