Front shock/fork - Manitou Mattoc Pro
Handlebars - Giant Contact 800mm
Stem - Syncros 70mm
Headset - Dartmoor Blink
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - WTB Rocket
Seatpost - Thomson
Front brake - 180mm MT520 caliper with SLX M7100 lever
Rear brake - 180mm MT520 caliper with SLX M7100 lever - with 185mm IS to post mount adapter
Cranks - XT M8000, Burgtec 36t chainring, BB93 bottom bracket
Chainguide - n/a
Chain - SLX 12 speed
Pedals - cheap flats
Front derailleur - n/a
Rear derailleur - XT M8100
Front shifter - n/a
Rear shifter - XT M8100
Cassette - XT M8100
Front hub - Shimano WH-MT620
Rear hub - Shimano WH-MT620
Front rim - Shimano WH-MT620
Rear rim - Shimano WH-MT620
Spokes - Shimano WH-MT620
Nipples - Shimano WH-MT620
Tyres - Maxxis DHF
Tubes - n/a
Total weight - ??

This bike was never meant to be, original plan was to rebuild my Scott Spark that was partially stolen https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/most-of-a-scott-spark-740.317090/

Instead it ended up being my first full bike build after quite a bit of careless buying.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The Dartmoor units are solid and good value.

Looks good on paper, just need to see of it actually looks good! Need pics! :)

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, I've got the 29er version, built because I had a spare fork. It rides really well, but I haven't ridden it enough. N+1 problems :D

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Selecting the frame was a bit of a rushed decision, originally I was going to build up the Scott Spark (large) but my girlfriend wanted to get into riding so I needed a small size.

After looking around online I figured I might as well get something new and the frames from CRC/Wiggle always seem to be out of stock. The dartmoor seemed to have good geometry and shipping from bike24 was reasonable so I put in an order and it arrived 3 weeks later.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Installing the headset and forks turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be. I wasn't looking forward to pressing in headset cups but was pleasantly surprised that the bearings just drop into the frame.

To install the race I didn't have the 'required' tool so a quick trip to Bunnings with the race and I had a suitably sized PVC pipe and cap.

To cut down the steerer tube I sacrificed a headset spacer as I didn't have a pipe cutter or a guide, I held it in place with a stem and some tape then cut around bit by bit with a hacksaw until it was through, worked out really well in the end.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
An old threaded bottom bracket went straight in and the crankset was another spare leftover from the Scott Spark which I fitted with a new Burgtec narrow wide chainring. I put the bottom bracket spacer on the non-drive side in an attempt to fix the chainline from running a single chainring on a double crankset not sure if this was right but it seems to be working.

Then the planning went out the window starting with the decision to go 12 speed. I picked up an XT groupset including cassette, derailleur and shifter along with a SLX chain but didn't check it out and ended up with a i-spec EV shifter.

I had already picked up some MT520 4 piston brakes but they weren't i-spec EV compatible so I started looking at levers. Lots of online info seemed to be conflicting saying it would or wouldn't work but I decided it was worth the risk so I got some SLX 7100 levers (was going to get M6100 but the price difference was negligible). First time setting up brake lines with inserts and olives but everything went well. Leftover 180mm rotors finished it off but of course another hurdle as the frame had IS mounts which needed an adapter.

Next up was the wheelset which was another rushed decision and I ended up with a set of MT620, I couldn't find any reviews online but worth a try. For some reason the cassette was too wide to fit and the lock ring wasn't reaching the thread eventually got it working by putting on 11 rings and tightening the lock ring then loosening it off to add the 12th. Then I found out I needed a different lock ring to fit the front rotor on the boost wheels so I got a cheap Shimano M618.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
An old threaded bottom bracket went straight in and the crankset was another spare leftover from the Scott Spark which I fitted with a new Burgtec narrow wide chainring. I put the bottom bracket spacer on the non-drive side in an attempt to fix the chainline from running a single chainring on a double crankset not sure if this was right but it seems to be working.

Then the planning went out the window starting with the decision to go 12 speed. I picked up an XT groupset including cassette, derailleur and shifter along with a SLX chain but didn't check it out and ended up with a i-spec EV shifter.

I had already picked up some MT520 4 piston brakes but they weren't i-spec EV compatible so I started looking at levers. Lots of online info seemed to be conflicting saying it would or wouldn't work but I decided it was worth the risk so I got some SLX 7100 levers (was going to get M6100 but the price difference was negligible). First time setting up brake lines with inserts and olives but everything went well. Leftover 180mm rotors finished it off but of course another hurdle as the frame had IS mounts which needed an adapter.

Next up was the wheelset which was another rushed decision and I ended up with a set of MT620, I couldn't find any reviews online but worth a try. For some reason the cassette was too wide to fit and the lock ring wasn't reaching the thread eventually got it working by putting on 11 rings and tightening the lock ring then loosening it off to add the 12th. Then I found out I needed a different lock ring to fit the front rotor on the boost wheels so I got a cheap Shimano M618.
Easy as that hey! Haha. Good on you for keeping on with it, it'll be worth it!

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
I put some patches on the usual cable rub areas but noticed an issue where the cables go into the frame.