Spokes - DT swiss
Nipples - DT swiss
Tyres - Continental Mountain King 2.4
Tubes - Maxxis Freeride tubes
Total weight - 14.4kgs

Last edited:

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Ditch that X Fusion piece of sh#t rear. I dopped a dhx 5.0 and it let you piont the pitch down with confidence and help absorb some hits rather than the yelppppppp the X Fusion gives out along with no rebound or travel adjust.
I sold my pitch for an reign x1 and would prefer the pitch after its done and dusted. Awsome do it all bike!

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
Ditch that X Fusion piece of sh#t rear. I dopped a dhx 5.0 and it let you piont the pitch down with confidence and help absorb some hits rather than the yelppppppp the X Fusion gives out along with no rebound or travel adjust.
I sold my pitch for an reign x1 and would prefer the pitch after its done and dusted. Awsome do it all bike!
how'd the dhx 5.0 effect the weight? much difference??

dasboomsticks

Likes Bikes
weight

man who cares about the weight im running a dhx5 on my norco shore and it was on my previous bike and they feel like a swedish school girl riding your pole so in others words amazing

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
your stupid if you put a coil spring on there firko!

The rocker link provides a falling linkage ratio so the natural tendency of your air shock (or all air shocks in general) is to ramp up is neutralised providing a linear feel to the suspension.

If you dont like the shock and how it performs, change it to a fox float or dhx air. Even then you need to make sure you get the right damping settings to suit the frame and linkage ratio....Im more than happy to check what compression/rebound tune my shock is at on my pitch pro. if you want to chat further fb me

then others will comment about the boost valve etc...blah blah blah its not going to ramp up enough to match what an air shock does.

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
NO buddy your wrong it is actually only a falling rate initially and then becomes rising rate. There are lots of people have put coils shocks on pitch`s with fantastic results. I have just recently built one with a cane creek double barrel and can tell you it has turned a good bike into an exceptional bike :D

Attachments

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
NO buddy your wrong it is actually only a falling rate initially and then becomes rising rate. There are lots of people have put coils shocks on pitch`s with fantastic results. I have just recently built one with a cane creek double barrel and can tell you it has turned a good bike into an exceptional bike :D
What ever floats your boat mate, the way I see it the top rocker increase its mechanical advantage in compressing the shock the further into the travel the rear wheel moves compensating for the ramp up of air shocks.

Good for you, but that still doesn't change the way you ride it!

Firko, when the wheels come put some pic's up, and hurry up and finish your HSC so we can ride!

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
can you even understand the pic i gave you :rolleyes:. But ultimately the proof is in the pudding and i have ridden my pitch with the air and with the coil can you say the same

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
What ever floats your boat mate, the way I see it the top rocker increase its mechanical advantage in compressing the shock the further into the travel the rear wheel moves compensating for the ramp up of air shocks.
But the other end of the same linkage losses it's mechanical advantage/leverage as it's falling rate.
they're a top fork mat i love them. I still need to learn about low/hi speed compression to get the best out of em but.
Low is slow movements that will make th fork move slowly, like body movements, peddaling etc, high speed is sharp/fast hits like riding into a gutter, stuff that makes the fork compress quickly.
Nice bike, good luck with the sale, I'm going to ride my Pitch into the ground, I'd love to try a Pivot or other bikes, but the gains are so miniscule, the Pitch isn't bad at anything enough to bother swapping.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
Low is slow movements that will make th fork move slowly, like body movements, peddaling etc, high speed is sharp/fast hits like riding into a gutter, stuff that makes the fork compress quickly.
Nice bike, good luck with the sale, I'm going to ride my Pitch into the ground, I'd love to try a Pivot or other bikes, but the gains are so miniscule, the Pitch isn't bad at anything enough to bother swapping.
Yea I've actually been surprised at how well it's handled some of the terrain I've been through, jumping included, I've had a lot of fun on it. Would love to give the bloody rear shock the boot though!