Dead progressive 5th Element Shock options?

nathanm

Eats Squid
So I decided to help a mate out by buying his 2005 Ironhorse Sunday off him for twice what it's worth.

Unfortunately he wasn't to honest (or didn't know) just how fucked it is and I've been working hard to take it from proper fucked to useable.

But the rear shock is dead. It's a progressive 5th element and I'm unsure if it's worth trying to rebuild it or just bin the bike and take the loss.

It would be sad to see such an old classic go to waste so hoping someone out there might have some useful advice?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Buy my fox shock off me. It is in good form and will work well on the iron horse.

Keeping the 5th element running is going to be tricky with parts availability etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

jrewing

Eats Squid
5th elements are awesome shocks once the main oring is changed to a low friction one. The seal caused loads of friction
Might still have some

nathanm

Eats Squid
5th elements are awesome shocks once the main oring is changed to a low friction one. The seal caused loads of friction
Might still have some
Be cool if you have, not sure what's actually wrong with it though, just doesn't have a lot of resistance. Almost like an air shock with 0 pressure

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Like Morey said, they feel like a pogo stick without air in them. Pump up the resovoir and see how it feels.