Debonair?

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Looking for some advice.

Running a RC3 plus (banshee prime) and it’s not debonair. Can you put a new debonair can on? Is it a good thing to look into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Plug your serial number into the search function on the Cyclinic website or the sram site and it will list compatible upgrades. Should be compatible.

Do, it. Cheap upgrade and makes a big improvement in small bump compliance. Thus allows higher pressure which gives better midstroke support than relying on tokens.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Plug your serial number into the search function on the Cyclinic website or the sram site and it will list compatible upgrades. Should be compatible.

Do, it. Cheap upgrade and makes a big improvement in small bump compliance. Thus allows higher pressure which gives better midstroke support than relying on tokens.
I thought you needed a debonair can to run volume spacers on monarchs?

Edit: @Tim_the_Clyde, yeah it’s worth it. I did the swap on my old mans trance to a debonair RT3 and he went from maxing out the shocks psi and bottoming out too easily at 35% sag, to being able to run 25% sag and have his shock work properly, not be a wallowy POS.

Being able to run the spacers allows better fine tuning of the shocks ramp up. Do eeeet

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Can order one now - but just wanted to check this is a good way to go.

I've got the Monarch Plus RC3 on my Process. I hadn't ridden the bike for a while, but found the bike felt very sluggish on the weekend, like the shock was getting a bit lost on the small-medium bumps. I bumped the psi right up before the ride because I'm a bit heavier than I was last time I played around with it (not just due to the stouts this winter, I swear!), but I'm pretty sure it used to do similar before too - but I was riding it all the time and guess I just got used to it. I really want to "firm" it all up so I can skip over the chundery sections rather than feel like im bobbing though them on a boat. I'm guessing some bottomless rings can help here?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Probably just talking to myself but I went ahead and did this. Went for a ride today and a marked improvement! Noticed it heaps with climbing too! Guessed at putting 4 bands in, and put quite a lot of pressure in to get sag ok. Will probably go for a few more bands and play with pressures to dial it in a bit more.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
Today I put the debonair can on my Prime and the small bump compliance is significantly better. I am 70Kg and running it without any tokens/bands.

Charging down the hills and ploughing through bigger hits, it feels pretty much the same as the original. I don't believe that it has transformed the suspension and made it super progressive with better support etc. like some people claim. For me, I feel like it removed heaps of trail chatter and harshness riding over things like roots and it has made general riding (seated or climbing) much more comfortable.

A worthy upgrade!

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Today I put the debonair can on my Prime and the small bump compliance is significantly better. I am 70Kg and running it without any tokens/bands.

Charging down the hills and ploughing through bigger hits, it feels pretty much the same as the original. I don't believe that it has transformed the suspension and made it super progressive with better support etc. like some people claim. For me, I feel like it removed heaps of trail chatter and harshness riding over things like roots and it has made general riding (seated or climbing) much more comfortable.

A worthy upgrade!
What sag are you running on the prime? Wondering if I'm too heavy for this shock? Might need to get a shock pump that allows me over 300PSI or run more sag than normal.