NSW FOUND - Decent Repair Stand

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Something easier for a broken man to use eh? ;)

The Lifeline/Bikehand stands are great value, I still use mine after over a decade of use.

https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/bikehand-bicycle-repair-work-stand-rack-loading-ma/YC-100-P

I did upgrade to the Park version a few years back, but only as the angle adjustment teeth were getting a bit worn on the Bike Hand version. I still use the Bike hand for outside cleaning and when I have to travel with it for races, as being aluminium it's a tonne lighter and more OK with getting soaked and rained on if I leave it outside.

It can get a bit wobbly every now and then when your bike is at weird angles, but nothing a toolbox on the leg doesn't fix.

Let me know if you want to check mine out, I don't use it much so can chuck it in the car and swing by via your neck of the woods in the next couple of days.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Something easier for a broken man to use eh? ;)

The Lifeline/Bikehand stands are great value, I still use mine after over a decade of use.

https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/bikehand-bicycle-repair-work-stand-rack-loading-ma/YC-100-P

I did upgrade to the Park version a few years back, but only as the angle adjustment teeth were getting a bit worn on the Bike Hand version. I still use the Bike hand for outside cleaning and when I have to travel with it for races, as being aluminium it's a tonne lighter and more OK with getting soaked and rained on if I leave it outside.

It can get a bit wobbly every now and then when your bike is at weird angles, but nothing a toolbox on the leg doesn't fix.

Let me know if you want to check mine out, I don't use it much so can chuck it in the car and swing by via your neck of the woods in the next couple of days.
haha yep, got some time on my hands, so may as well do a bit of maintenance!! Looks like the Bikehand comes in a lighter non-ebike version for $169 which could be the go.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I’ve had a parktools pcs10 since 2012. It was part of the first order I ever placed with CRC and cost $178, postage was free back then.
Has sat outside in the elements it’s entire life and still looks & works fine. I just tip the water out of it from time to time and give it a lube up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
I’ve had a parktools pcs10 since 2012. It was part of the first order I ever placed with CRC and cost $178, postage was free back then.
Has sat outside in the elements it’s entire life and still looks & works fine. I just tip the water out of it from time to time and give it a lube up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow. They're up to the 10.2 now which is $300+

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Looks like the 10.2 makes it much more user friendly to pack up and down. With the old one the legs freely rotate around the main shaft until they're locked into the press-buttons, whereas it looks like they have a nice braced slider now. That was the main reason I didn't use it much until I moved to where I am now, as packing it up and down was more of a hassle than the BikeHand version. But now that it's pretty much permanently in use, and doesn't have to be packed every time, that's not an issue.

But like @foxpuppet, I paid about the same for each, way back in the day. $300 is a pretty steep when you can get the bike hand for half the price.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I picked up the PCS-9 for $118 on special with free shipping in 2018. The 9.2 is $280 now :oops:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The PCS-10.2 does look like it has a couple of good differences, mainly the tubing shape. My one is standard round tubing, which means the top, relative to the base, does shift from time to time. The teardrop shape of the new tubing will prevent that. And it comes with a stand. but $300 compared to $150? I suppose over a lifetime it's not that much, but the BikeHand would still serve a very well.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Nice work. That's the same one as I've got and once setup, is great.

And ooops, I just realised I was going to show you my BikeHand one and the bench mounted :O Sorry dude!

Minlak

custom titis
I finally paid for a park stand - can see where the difference is in price compared to my cheaper stands - this feels like a lifetime stand