Dedicated MTB chairlift

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was some guys on here who were using the lift as a shuttle, think it was about a year or so ago. Not sure if they still allow bikes on.
The chairlift was running with bike access for a 3 month trial period in the back half of last year, the mtb community definitely rallied together to either get themselves onto it or leave feedback, hopefully it progresses and we see more access enabled soon.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thats the other thing they are pretty ugly so non bikers would oppose it , as well as being expensive, difficult to build without damage on public land and a liability/legal nightmare in Australia. Good luck.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Obviously Flowtown at Falls was built w the intention of shuttling cos access from the main road is good.
Most of the rest of the tracks could be using 1 or 2 chairlifts , it wont happen though.
Bright would be a good spot though cos its busy and the shuttle road is pretty rugged and dusty

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Regarding Warburton, I can't imagine the locals ever allowing a chairlift to pass. They are very passionate about opposing any advancement
Yes they do have a NIMBY problem.

Imagine the general tourism especially year round if they a chairlift in from the township to the summit of Donna Buang, but they appear not to want the tourist dollar as someone might drive or ride a bike past their house!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I can sort of understand though, people in Yackandandah and Beechworth are starting to get resentful as rates, house prices, rents and traffic have all gone up since; [amongst other factors eg Back roads program and too much money in Melbourne thanks to Chinese money laundering ] , mountainbiking has come to town.
Shop keepers, estate agents and the shire are happy though.
I am neutral since I live 12 km out but when an Epic mtbike trail and the definite railtrail between the two towns ever happens, things will go ballistic.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Even if mtb were responsible for increased housing prices... I sort of get the rates and traffic complaint... but for house values it's all to their benefit. As long as you're buying and selling in the same market and increase is generally good.

Renters might feel the pinch a bit... but in theory increased traffic should translate to better jobs and more jobs.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Regarding Warburton, I can't imagine the locals ever allowing a chairlift to pass. They are very passionate about opposing any advancement
hardcore NIMBYs.
Even though a well-placed chairlift would benefit the town by visitors pumping money into the local economy, and even providing some employment.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I think house price rises are only good if you are a seller in a high value area and buying in a low value area otherwise it is just self deception.
Possibly OK with a mortgage but I dont have those.

safreek

Yes they do have a NIMBY problem.

Imagine the general tourism especially year round if they a chairlift in from the township to the summit of Donna Buang, but they appear not to want the tourist dollar as someone might drive or ride a bike past their house!
I call them wimbys out this way, obviously the w stands for wankers. They all bitch about no mobile coverage out this way but heaven forbid you put a tower near, well, anything.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
We have wandered off the topic a bit but yeah complaining about mobile towers is wanking if you want mobile coverage and most do.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Mystic in Bright would do wonders by installing a chairlift up to the Paragliding take-off area.... Although chair lifts and paragliders are probably not a great mix!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Need a decent track down though from the top.
I wouldnt call Elevation much except a slidefest bone shaker.