delete plz xoxox

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Don't have to read all of it, just a rant ;)

HOW IS IT NOT A DH AREA. Well there's the dh orientated "Drop Track", it think MAYBE the channel 10 track is dh? I'm not an idiot, it is obviously dh. Um there's some small tracks around there near the channel 10 track and some short tracks around the dirt jumps. Sure the jumps are dirt jumps but the run ups, way they're made, and how they're placed has a dh influence in it. Compare a line in a normal dj track to Doongalla and they're will be a lot differences. When it was first built(no idea when but it was a WHILE ago) it was mint as anything and they had no problems, it was built by people that know how to build jumps and that ride jumps, the way that some of them get to look so bad is that people might case, skid, roll, change it and give up and those rains we had can't be good for it either. I wouldn't say the tracks are overgrown that much and if you have a problem DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT don't just whine about it. Let's take all the things they did to make it have good drainage and take all of it away and then see if all the dips and gully's are rivers? The reason it's wet is there was a ****load of rain a bit ago and knowing the forest it takes a while for it to properly dry up.
My rant done. i just hate how people bad mouth tracks that people have had worked a very long time perfecting.

woody 14

Eats Squid
ok ill give everyone the low down on why the place is looking like shit at the moment.

A number of months ago we had a few little shit head girls from the pony club come in a start distoying stuff for there own satisfaction. Natrally this pissed all us locals off so we dicided to stop building for a few months and hope that the girls would get board and piss off.

this has happend but now we are hereing rumers that the place will be bulldozed in the coming months as a parks vic crack down. we are also at the point were we have gotten alot of the jumps to the way we like them so the way we think is "if it aint broke dont fix it".

now the issue of drainage. the place dose have a fairly serious problem with dranage and water flowing down tracks and causing erosion. there really isnt much we can do about this because it has gotten to a stage where some fairly serious measures would need to be taken to fix it. and also any type of water bar we do put it just gets dirstoyed but the girls from the pony club.

And alex stop being such a tosser. as jack said if u want dirt jumps go build your own or go "fix" somone elses. you seem to know what your doing so stop stuffing with out downhill stuff coz u dont like it. if u dont like the place dont ride there. simple as that. so grow up. and yes we do u its not our land thats why we are doing everything we can to keep the place there for aslong as possable. and having little shit heads like u poking around will only make everything wose. so in other words, wake up and relise your not helping and your just making your self sound like a total dick. stop embaresing your self.

Last edited:

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
What, not even a thanks for repairing some the berms, drainage and jumps after all the rain and neglect? Wheres the love?

woody 14

Eats Squid
i dont know if you would call that repairing mate. the hip was perfict how it was before you played with it. so i have now changed it back to how it should be and how we all want it to stay.

and the berms you attempted to fix will only make them fill with water as u have just made a massive hole for water to sit in. thanks mate.

can you just do everyone a favour and stop digging. us locals will do all that.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
Ur shitting me. I removed a root from the face of that hip, sorted ur drainage, patched holes in ur berms and packed dirt in and around where logs were coming loose on the berms and you can do is have a bitch? To fix everything properly would take daya of digging. I spend a few hours getting the ball rolling, doing u fucks a favour, and all u can do is have a whinge. What happened to welcoming everyone down there and encouraging people to help maintain the tracks. Face it, u guys are a bunch of spoilt bitches . Im tempted to go and un do the digging i did.

woody 14

Eats Squid
mate all we asking is that u have a little commen sence when u build stuff. its that easy. we do like the fact that you are willing to put the hours in on the shovel but just think about it before you do it.

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey there Alex, im one of the local riders down at Doongalla (thought i would introduce myself).
Now first things first, i dont really appreciate been called a little bitch, thats very much uncalled for.
With the deal on the tracks at Doongalla and the jumps and what not, like what has been stated, about a year ago we started making some different things trying to improve the place, make more, and make more quality things, and we actually got the pretty dam good at one stage. But the horses have done some damage, the rain has done some massive amounts of damage. To be honest I to would like to be making new lines and jumps if we had the freedom to do so. Also don’t get us wrong for new riders to be riding there is great. We only get pissed off when people go down there with a spade and bucket that mummy and daddy got them for Christmas and start making ridiculously stupid, and shitty build jumps/lines.

Now as woody, jimas, myself and a few other locals have stated in this thread, Doongalla has been threatened to be bulldozed and destroyed Ect... im guessing your a new rider to Doongalla and you can see the potential that it has to offer, we have been here for a while, and we know what all the talk is about whats happening (or what the threats are) to Doongalla, to be putting in all the effort to fix EVERYTHING, and there is a lot there to be done, as well as wanting to make new things is a lot of work. At this point in time we are only patching up the jumps/lines that we ride the most and that are in need to be fixed.

I’ll be fully honest here, if you had of come to us and said ‘’i would like to meet you locals” get to know us then propose things to be done we wouldn’t be so full on and "territorial" but im still happy to meet you face to face to talk about this so that you can understand that us been so shitty about the whole idea of people just coming in and grabbing a shovel and going nuts on new lines and what not just for their own pleasure and not realising that there is a lot more to it behind the scenes, where just trying to keep a control on the place mate that is all that we are doing, so then people like your self can come and enjoy riding Doongalla, but as woody has said, you should be happy we have this place here for us to ride.
Also the middle line that you have gone and said how shit it is. Who the hell built that, (if im correct in the one I think your talking about) that line was amazing at one stage, but the water now is starting to come up from underground and flow through the middle parts between jumps which has totally ****ed them over. But you what the funny thing is though mate, the guy who built that line, is the same bloke who will be co-ordinating the re-building of the H.E. jumps, they have gone to shit now, but they have the council backing and support but a fellow rider who rides at Doongalla aswell to Re-build them for guys like yourself to ride.... we don’t have that support, if we did it would be a crankworx out there with everything to ride, so be happy with you have buddy, it is Downhill Orientated, Hard tail downhill orientated, not so much the Dirt jumping and BMX side of things thats why the jumps are mostly long take-offs and fast.

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Gday boys, long time no see. Sorry i haven't been around the mountain for a long time but my back is still giving me heaps of trouble after hurting it last year and ive moved to warragul as well so not real close anymore.

I do keep tabs on this thread most days still and also drop into doongalla from time to time when im at mums in kilsyth. ITS NOT LOOKING THAT BAD AT ALL REALLy!! apart from the water run off damage.

A word of advice from someone who deals with dickheads who feel the need to voice their pointless opinions at work everyday. Dont waste your time trying to convince ftgalex of why he should work with you guys. Some people just need to be ignored and let them huff and puff until they blow themselves out!!

I bet FTGalex wouldn't be as keen to voice his opions the way he has on this forum if he was around you all in person at doongalla.

Just ignore him and dont even reply he will piss off eventually!

And to Woody duggy and oz keep up the good work boys and hopefully the place will be around for years to come, i know it provided many entertaining arvos for me and my mates and ill be back soon.

To the Haters bugger off and ride somewhere else!

leadz

Likes Bikes
chill downhillers

mate all we asking is that u have a little commen sence when u build stuff. its that easy. we do like the fact that you are willing to put the hours in on the shovel but just think about it before you do it.

Last edited:

thetake

Likes Bikes
thinking of going up this sunday, is the track/jumps rideable?
if anyone's planning on going let me know, i'd like to meet some of you locals :)

bryce_music

Likes Bikes
Hey guys.
Went up and rode channel 10 today and did a few jumps.
Just thought i'd let you know (if your not already aware) that there have been 2 big boulders put over the Downhill track. (park rangers i assume).
The first one is at the very end of the second section from the top. just after the very fast, straight bit.
the next one is at the start of the next (third) section.
If you plan on going for a ride, make sure your careful coming into those bits!
Hope to see some of you out there soon :)

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
A friend of ours dad works for Parks Vic and he was saying that years ago the people who built the tracks did a far better job in that they planned the tracks and didn't just build lines everywhere all un finished. He said the recent builders have built too many tracks to maintain properly and don't appear to know how to build them. Just saying.

woody 14

Eats Squid
A friend of ours dad works for Parks Vic and he was saying that years ago the people who built the tracks did a far better job in that they planned the tracks and didn't just build lines everywhere all un finished. He said the recent builders have built too many tracks to maintain properly and don't appear to know how to build them. Just saying.
You just like to stir the pot dont you mate.

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahahaha I like this comment,.. You know why I like it,..

Because as we have already stated we get territorial when little ****'s like yourself go in and start building lines and digging the place up for there own pleasure, now if im not mistaken ftgalex you were the one to start asking about building more jumps down there more lines, then after you start and dont finish thats when it becomes half build, as well as the fact we cant keep digging holes to get dirt mate, the water screws everything so to repair means digging holes or making existing ones larger, and doesn’t look like Parks are helping us out to keep the place running nice. we do our best to provide somewhere for people to ride, but with little shits coming along destroying and trying to make things but fail then thats when shit hits the fan.

Just like to say that i would personally really like to meet you ftgalex just to see what you have to say in a one on one conversation face to face, instead of using Rotorburn, id like to here your points.

also id like to see what experience this guy in parks has with riding bikes, because if he was a bike rider,.... he would be helping us out, wouldn’t you think so. And I dont know about anyone else, but i can just see all the shit dribbling out your mouth right about now, Even over the computer I can see it!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You young fella, are a muppet. You have been on this site for 10mins and look at the utter garbage that's coming from your mouth. If you were older than 11 you would know what Ch10 used to be like, for a long time it came straight down the hill and was not planned at all nor built with any understanding of how water works or what it does, it was a piece of shit. If I were you I would keep your silly mouth shut and befriend the locals instead of getting them offside.

Just saying.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
Sorry

I think its time I made an apology. I jumped on Youtube today and looked up some videos of Doongalla forest, and though my travels I found some videos by some of the locals. It all makes perfect sense now why this place has been built so poorly. You guys have no idea how to ride or dig. Who was it, Geoff? Tom? and Luke I think. Claiming to be downhill gods when all I saw was nothing but lamness. I'll leave you guys to practice. God knows you need it.

PS. Stop being so protective of the forest. Its not your land, You've only been there for a few years. If you can't make something good of it, let people who know how to dig and ride do the work.

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
"Talks to self" Calm down boy don't go on a massive rant about how this guys a dick, just breath in and out in and out and if that doesn't work...............GO ON A FUCKING RANT.
You complete idiot, are you seriously complaining about how these tracks are made? How would you like it if you bad mouthed your tracks that where WELL MADE. Ok lets imagine if it wasn't there? Were would you go that's closer? Maybe You yangs.....no that's a while away) Kinglake.......No still to far away for some guys, AHHHHH I KNOW, HOW ABOUT..........MT BULLER, oh wait that's a fair whack away too. As said in previous posts, yes the track is not how it used to be but it is still fine to ride. If the place wasn't there, a lot of people wouldn't have the skills they have today or not be able to jump as far as they are today. Geoff, Tom and Luke are fair good dh riders, have you ever been on the track? If you have you'd realise that it's a lot steeper and rockier than it's made out to be IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE but these people do it with ease!!! Protective of the forests........PROTECTIVE OF THE FORESTS, we are doing all we can to get the rangers on our sides so we can protect the tracks that are in the forest, there for protecting the forest, every time new lines are built, they are built in a way to least affect the forest and not trees are cut down, only fallen logs

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
herpderpderp
All your pitiful words mean nothing when said from behind a computer screen. Why don't you come down to the jumps one day when all the locals are down there and we can have a discussion face to face?

Or are you not comfortable without your e-persona?

woody 14

Eats Squid
ok alex i am Geoff the kid in that video. i know im not the best rider out there but that comment is very un called for and unnecessary. as is already said i would be keen to meet you in person and have this discusstion.

And to everyone else just ignore this muppet. he is just trying to get us all pissed off. just leave him be and he will get board.

Ruys

Likes Dirt

Anyway, I've only just started riding this track and I reckon it's the balls. Many thanks to anyone who's spent time building it. Next time I go up there I might have to wear a t-shirt that says "My name isn't Alex and I don't live in Ferntree Gully".