delete/sold

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Why are scientists focussing on trivial matters like sports in the first place? Surely they should be testing for whatever causes gingers so we can put a stop to this menace!

Ivan

Eats Squid
Why are scientists focussing on trivial matters like sports in the first place? Surely they should be testing for whatever causes gingers so we can put a stop to this menace!
I'm all for stopping redheaded blokes, but the ladies...........

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You are wrong. Scientific studies have found some folk are great responders and some (like me, I suspect) are non responders. This means no matter how much training non responders do, they will never be elite. Gains will be small or not at all. Genetics plays a big part in cycling.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Seems like your issue seems to be with sending the wrong message to kids, so I'm going to go ahead and hijack this with a related beef of my own:

Has anyone seen the ad the govt are currently running to promote, sorry, "inform" people about the improvements to the education system? Has a kid, a teacher, a parent and a candlesti...I mean social worker on it. I saw it the other evening, and it occurred to me that all bar one of the half-dozen-plus people featured on the ad seem to be overweight, not drastically so, but a bit at least.

So on the topic of sending the wrong message to kids, are we becoming desensitised to the obseity problem that our society currently has? Is it now just 'normal' to be overweight, and is that the way we should be presenting our 'everyman'?

Oh, and genes, and stuff...