DH Demo 7 with fox 40's, but what should I add to make it look really cool?? Need help!

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Guys

Pretty much this is my Demo7 which I just got fox 40's for, Its an amazing ride, but I was just wondering if there would be and little (prefurably not expencive) parts to put on there that would make the bike look cooler? Like a e-13 LG1, or get rid of that (to some) ugly Funn 'safety stem':p

but yeah open to positive and negaitve feed back, let me know what you think I need to do? :confused:

thanks, mitch

Also PS I normally have Angry Angry Elmo in my wheel but i took him out to get the front back back on :)

Also there is a pic there just so that you can see how much bigger the 40's are to the totems that were originally on there.... good thing or bad? :confused:

Attachments

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
I cant see it properly, but if the chainguide is a gamut, leave it. Otherwise things you could change are, bars, stem, seat and post, cranks, and wheels (in that order) depending on your budget.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Go with a colour scheme like black and red.
You already have some anodized red stuff so add a but more like crank brothers 50-50 pedals, hubs, bars or stem(don't do both the same colour).

Or spray you bike a new colour, then build up a colour scheme.

If you search for the my spesh thread, you can see how I've done my planning :p

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Ride the hell out of it and replace parts as they wear out. You getting more experience on it and therfore faster and more stylish will be the best and cheapest thing you could do to make it look cooler.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride the hell out of it and replace parts as they wear out. You getting more experience on it and therfore faster and more stylish will be the best and cheapest thing you could do to make it look cooler.
Agreed,
I spend alot of time making sure my bikes are always immaculate, that said when some guy blasts past me on a flogged out old 05 stinky and bombs a A-line while i look awkward rolling a B. He looks awesome!!1

I wouldn't go spending money on making a bike specifically pretty, unless your paying near nothng for it. I have replace worn parts with parts that are both functional and pretty

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'm as a big a vitim for buying trick kit as anyone, and my riding doesn't warrant it. Mind you, I buy for function, not looks, and usually just get blcak or plain parts. Good parts help. Looking like Evil Kanevel doesn't IMO.

Last edited:

nelson-dh

Likes Bikes
nice bike mate. love the colour your got going
get the red going all over it

i want demo 7 but just got new bike so im not getting one! and those totems solo air??

cheers
nelson

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Do what Im doing.
Im getting some blue anodised bars, anodised blue seat post clamp and anodised blue pedals.

Its under $300 if you do your research, and can make a hell of a difference.

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
reply to just about everyone :)

THANKS FOR ALL THE IMPUT GUYS!

pretty much going to try answer everyones imput here

so the blue annodised stuff sounds like a good price :) but I'm also with changing the bars, stem and pedals which are normally the 1st and easyest thing on a bike to change, so I need to get new pedals coz the specialized ones are kinda crap so what should I get (prefurably around $50 new or 2nd hand I dont mind)

also another option which i think probably is the most sivilized (no idea how to spell :S) is just to save the money and replace broken bits because bikes look cooler on an A line not a B line

Most people probably dont like the orange stem but some how it works...

Also a dildo on my bike will make me look like a homo, so I'll leave that one at home :p

also what is 'not expencive' in my books is about $300 max coz i need to build up a hard tail coz i cbf riding a demo 10k to school every day just for looks and everyone to go woooowwwww.... :\

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Yeah I had the thought today of just saving up to make the bike perform better.
I want a new tires and pedals as Im not a fan of the specialized ones at all!
so that there is something like 200.
Plus I want some 5-10s.

I plan on winning some competitions :D