Derby EWS - accommodation options?

BB1

Likes Dirt
Hi all. So... I'm doing the EWS80 this year, so same weekend as the big boys. Of course much of the accommodation is booked out already, so after thoughts about other options or recommendations over 29-31 March. Or anyone heading down that is looking for a travel buddy or has a place booked and wants to defray costs! I'm clean and house trained, 39 years old.

Hit me with your suggestions!

Binaural

Eats Squid
I recommend contacting the Dorset hotel - they don't have online booking so they are sometimes free when others are not. Daggy decor, good rooms and lovely people/food/cider/beer garden. You'll need to pay direct deposit and some other minor hassles but it's a great option - I was in your situation a couple of weeks ago and they sorted me out.

BB1

Likes Dirt
Thanks Binaural. I gave them a call but all booked out unfortunately. They did give me some other leads so I'll follow them up tomorrow. Worse comes to worse I can hire a camper I suppose!

rstim

Likes Dirt
Thanks Binaural. I gave them a call but all booked out unfortunately. They did give me some other leads so I'll follow them up tomorrow. Worse comes to worse I can hire a camper I suppose!
Camper might be a good option last EWS they set the old cricket ground up just out of town for campers. You could also try Branxholm it's only a five minute drive from Derby.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yeah you might struggle. I was looking for accommodation a few months back and everything was booked out. The other option is to find somewhere a bit more out of town and drive in.

BB1

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replies all. I managed to book a room at the Winneleah Hotel. Hooray for pub meals and beer after a day out on the bike! Sounded like they still had a few rooms available if anyone else is looking.

I was actually quite impressed that pretty much everyone I spoke to knew it was the EWS weekend, goes to show what kind of impact MTB is making out there.