Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Might as well mark sites too.

Will stop the tree hugging dirt bags (mum and 2 daughters) taking up the space of 6 vans at Christmas when space is premium.

3 single tents, 2 kayaks, no bikes and a Pajero spread over a span of 50 metres.

"We have been coming here for years before you MTBers arrived"

Fair enough but I'm still going to call you a selfish chunt.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Might as well mark sites too.

Will stop the tree hugging dirt bags (mum and 2 daughters) taking up the space of 6 vans at Christmas when space is premium.

3 single tents, 2 kayaks, no bikes and a Pajero spread over a span of 50 metres.

"We have been coming here for years before you MTBers arrived"

Fair enough but I'm still going to call you a selfish chunt.
Also should be a per person fee. Why should a spread out group of 6 pay the same as a couple in a van sized plot? Not speaking from self interest here, of course.

ozzybmx

$20 a night is nothing and it's going back to the trails. Well going to council who employ 3-4 World Trail guys anyway so I think it's OK.

St Helens Big4... can't remember exactly but over Xmas this year, it's nearly $100 for an unpowered site, around $110 for powered and nearly $130 a night for an Ensuite site.

The NRMA caravan park around the corner is far better priced.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
$20 a night is nothing and it's going back to the trails. Well going to council who employ 3-4 World Trail guys anyway so I think it's OK.

St Helens Big4... can't remember exactly but over Xmas this year, it's nearly $100 for an unpowered site, around $110 for powered and nearly $130 a night for an Ensuite site.

Yeah $20 is nothing.
Hopefully it's a bit more incentive to emptying the septic a bit more often on long weekends :eek:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

We camped up top at the trailhead. Not another soul. Bliss.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The trail maintenance crew is now council, not WT (But were trained and potentially part of the og build crew)

rstim

Likes Dirt
The trail maintenance crew is now council, not WT (But were trained and potentially part of the og build crew)
Maintenance crew has always been council with the head guy Pete part of the OG World trail crew. They do a great job and have done some major reworks recently to older trails Krushkas, Atlas which are riding great now.

ozzybmx

That's what I meant, were from World Trail but now full time Dorset Council. I've had a chat with Pete a couple of times.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Scandalous !!!!

$65 to be driven up to BlackStump all day to ride the arguably best trails in Australia or $80 to be driven up 800vm to drop down Maydena all day.

Thats it ! I'm going to Bright to shuttle myself for $180 a day :p
Hmmm. I was just adding to the 20 per night camping. But I’d take Maydena everyday over Derby, Bright. But shuttles pale verse a Chairlift.

ozzybmx

Hmmm. I was just adding to the 20 per night camping. But I’d take Maydena everyday over Derby, Bright. But shuttles pale verse a Chairlift.
Haha.. I though you were joking :p

Dont even mention Derby and Bright in the same sentence.

Maydena is awesome but a couple of days doing 7 lifts a day is hard on old men's bodies.

I prefer Derby but my missus is a full time shuttle bunny so I spend the price of the daily shuttles on beer... thats for all 3 of us too ;)