Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not what I expected, but what a fun looking playground.
I was expecting more trees but knew it was landing down there around B'n'F or that area.

Video cameras make it look mild... I'm sure that 'A' line is daunting.

Looking forward to a Hazy green and a go at Cuddles. It better be good for me to sacrifice a Trout :oops:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'll be down there for the EWS or UCI Mountain Bike World Cup or whatever they now call it.

Some friends of mine did Cuddles yesterday and said it's really only that on feature that's double black but it was a fun trail to ride.

PJO

in me vL comy
Had a look at the Cuddles slabs. Pushed up from the bottom. Rode the C line, will give the B line a raz tomorrow but I'm never going to be at a level good enough to ride the A line.
Can't say much about the part above the slab we were just checking it out at the end of long ride.

ozzybmx

Had a look at the Cuddles slabs. Pushed up from the bottom. Rode the C line, will give the B line a raz tomorrow but I'm never going to be at a level good enough to ride the A line.
Can't say much about the part above the slab we were just checking it out at the end of long ride.
Great to hear. I fucking hate the black diamond certification thrown about on shit trails. Derby and Maydena have it spot on.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
When’re you riding tomorrow? I’m free after 5 if you wanna come up for a look.

Reactions: PJO

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Headed to Derby yesterday to check out Cuddles. More to it than you'd think based on video/photos. Mostly flow and not too hard if you take it easy, but there's some huge features and optional lines for the brave. Nice to meet ya PJO, thanks for the vid!

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
Headed to Derby yesterday to check out Cuddles. More to it than you'd think based on video/photos. Mostly flow and not too hard if you take it easy, but there's some huge features and optional lines for the brave. Nice to meet ya PJO, thanks for the vid!

Good to run in to you too Isaak. We hung around until everyone in our group had at least ridden the C line and some of us had also ridden the B line. All of our mob were too intimidated by the A line so thanks for making it look easy!!
I'm starting to believe those people saying that no one will ride Trouty anymore. I'm certainly going to be running down Cuddles a few more times yet. Besides the A line I didn't hit that huge wall ride on the right haven't seen anyone ride that yet
I noticed that you missed it too in your vid @Isaakk , did you get back to it on another run?

ozzybmx

Sweet ! Looks like Tassie is having a cracking spell of weather. Hope it last till next week for the Derby EWS.

My mate is posting up short videos of Maydena and it looks killer weather there too.

Great video !

Stredda

Sweet ! Looks like Tassie is having a cracking spell of weather. Hope it last till next week for the Derby EWS.

My mate is posting up short videos of Maydena and it looks killer weather there too.

Great video !
Looks like we will have some rain during the week but the weekend looks good. Derby rides the best with a bit of moisture in the soil so should be mint!
I couldn't make Maydena but I'll be in Derby this weekend. Should be epic!

ozzybmx

Looks like we will have some rain during the week but the weekend looks good. Derby rides the best with a bit of moisture in the soil so should be mint!
I couldn't make Maydena but I'll be in Derby this weekend. Should be epic!
It does ride really nice after rain but the puddles need to fekk off and the rock needs to dry.

My 2 slides off the wall ride on 23 Stitches both involved some dampness ;)

Stredda

It does ride really nice after rain but the puddles need to fekk off and the rock needs to dry.

My 2 slides off the wall ride on 23 Stitches both involved some dampness ;)
Ha ha. Derby rocks are pretty good as far as rocks go. The granite has good grip but those ones up above 23 Stitches get a bit of green slime on them and that can be tricky. You should ride George Town trails in the wet, the rocks are deadly!

jrewing

Eats Squid
Ha ha. Derby rocks are pretty good as far as rocks go. The granite has good grip but those ones up above 23 Stitches get a bit of green slime on them and that can be tricky. You should ride George Town trails in the wet, the rocks are deadly!
Get them confused at your own peril!

ozzybmx

Heckle zones, cans on the hillside... wish I was going over :(

Looks like the liaison stage from the bottom of Dambusters and Detonate to get to Trouty and Cuddles is riding up the Krushkas downhill.

Oh and you've spelled liaison wrongly on your flyer Blue Derby. Lia my son ;)

338209186_208759381759904_828092099272365025_n.jpg

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Plenty of rain today. Left Derby in the rain and skipped the top half of the Bay of Fires trail. Bottom 20km was wet but that decomposed granite is well drained. Hopefully not to much rain tomorrow.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Plenty of rain today. Left Derby in the rain and skipped the top half of the Bay of Fires trail. Bottom 20km was wet but that decomposed granite is well drained. Hopefully not to much rain tomorrow.
I've only ridden the bottom BoF after a good drenching and it was perfect. I'd hate to ride it dry, would be like riding on the beach.

Stredda

Outdoor?

No, you've got it all wrong. BoF is a trail in Watopia.
I didn't know that Swift simulated the conditions of the moisture content in decomposed granite soil types. o_O
Heckle zones, cans on the hillside... wish I was going over :(

Looks like the liaison stage from the bottom of Dambusters and Detonate to get to Trouty and Cuddles is riding up the Krushkas downhill.

Oh and you've spelled liaison wrongly on your flyer Blue Derby. Lia my son ;)

View attachment 398289
I'll heckle double for ya. It's going to be epic! I remember Trouty in 2019, the whole trail from top to bottom was about 4 deep. The vibe was intense! It will be nuts this year :p