Deviate Highlander - EL Suavo !

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really hope you can get it riding the way you want once it arrives. It's pretty damned good once set up correctly.

Early sainthood nomination goes to you for your patience on this.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I really hope you can get it riding the way you want once it arrives. It's pretty damned good once set up correctly.

Early sainthood nomination goes to you for your patience on this.
Waiting for something these days is par for the course. What’s not par for the course is an endless stream of excuses, constant unfulfilled promises,constantly pushed forward timeframes, saying the words Sorry but showing zero accountability for the fuck ups and manufacturing defects, more bad excuses and the odd patronising email educating me on the realities of Covid 19 and the problems that presents for supply chains, more unfulfilled promises, not responding to emails forcing me to get their attention on their group FB page, stalling, trying to make me feel bad for making his staff go in on a day off to find the package when they all have Covid- constantly- which had been missing with Ups for a week which he seemed incredibly quite unconcerned about and which magically reappeared, and at the very end of of it a big serve of untrue horseshit while they stalled for a further week- making a UPS ticket, telling me it was sent, when I didn’t see tracking UPS told me they did NOT have the parcel in hand, when it finally turned up a week later apparently the Ups driver was just cruising around with it in the back of his van for a week then finally it gets sent. Yeah right:rolleyes:
A long time frame I can handle. A constant stream of bullshit I can’t and won’t.
unfortunately they had my money, no other real choices out there and the constant promise of it just being around the corner kept me on the hook.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It really is inexcusable behaviour from them. Even if their place burned to the ground they should just tell you the situation and stop stringing you along.

I hope you grow to love it but will absolutely understand if it ends up for sale in a month.

Good luck with the build (again!) And we look forward to seeing your ride report.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fucking hell, that's far from ideal and I hope you are happy with it when it finally arrives.
It seems to be a common problem with these smaller boutique brands but I'm still not going to buy a Giant for my next bike.

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Bummer @Jpez although it seems a pretty familiar story with a number of the small boutique brands. There's a world of difference between making a "prototype" and actually selling and supporting product.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Fucking he'll, that's far from ideal and I hope you are happy with it when it finally arrives.
It seems to be a common problem with these smaller boutique brands but I'm still not going to buy a Giant for my next bike.
Haha. Me neither :D

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Haha. Me neither :D
Could have been a different story if some poor sod bought the GG when it was at rock bottom prices.
Still can't believe no-one bought it... although it was during peak DONT BUY A GG season.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ok so el Suavo is built back up. I changed out the Galfer rotors for Ice Teks for no other reason then I didn’t like the ‘wave’ shape of them.
Will probably go back to to my favourite Michellin WE’s too as I’m running Assguy/Dissector combo on the GG and I like it but I much prefer the Wild enduros. Might save them for the Trans Tas though. Also have an overpriced 3D printed in line pump holder from jank components because I’m not a fan of if hanging beside the water bottle. Don’t ask me how much I paid to get a little bit of plastic sent to Australia because I won’t tell you. It’s embarrassing.
Should get a ride in this arvo if the rain isn’t too heavy and then again on Sunday. A fair bit of tuning to go I imagine so we’ll see how it goes. But having it built up ready to rumble has certainly displaced my dark thoughts towards the Deviate brand with stoke again so yes. I’m excited to get out there.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome back! Glad to see it's in your hands and built up! Keen to hear how you get on with it. With the coil it's super smooth.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Welcome back! Glad to see it's in your hands and built up! Keen to hear how you get on with it. With the coil it's super smooth.
I’m super keen myself to see how it rides!!
interestingly the pulley is almost free spinning. Almost no resistance whatsoever. Maybe the changed some tolerances or something. I was all set to pull out the seals but no need. Left em in.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Glad to hear you're back onboard with it - I had a similar experience with the fire going out while I waited 3 months for my Prime, but it all comes back when you see it in the flesh!
It's a great looking bike

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Glad to hear you're back onboard with it - I had a similar experience with the fire going out while I waited 3 months for my Prime, but it all comes back when you see it in the flesh!
It's a great looking bike
It certainly is. I love a splash of colour, but in black / silver it looks exceptional.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Don’t ask me how much I paid to get a little bit of plastic sent to Australia because I won’t tell you. It’s embarrassing.
damn it, looks like I may have to embarrass myself too… that looks perfect

I also spent an annoying sum on a magnetic bottle holder so that I can use a bottle and my bike carrier with the Highlander. Shock and bottle placement limits your carrier options.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate. Gonna try and get those better quality photos back. The one above is just a quick potato snap. It’s hard to stay mad at Deviate when their bike looks so damn good. Still pissed off though!!!
I know what you mean.

When mine was frustrating the life out of me due to the seals and was just a bare frame in the stand hanging by an inserted seat post, I looked at it screwing up my face but still loving the look of it. It's hard to stay vexed with it for long.

Got sorted and it's just beautiful to ride. Hoping to hear the same from you.