Deviate Highlander recall

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, I know there are a few of you on here now with these.
I just found out they had some issues with the resin in the front triangle of a batch of frames and are now recalling. A guy I know has had his 2021 recalled.
I believe you all purchased directly from Deviate so should be easy for them to contact you if need be, but thought you might want to know about it if you need to follow up.

Cheers

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, I found out about it on MTBR a couple of weeks ago. Some of the newer owners on the group's FB are having to wait for a solution which is a major annoyance I'm sure.

They've been very supportive as you'd hope and I'd expect everyone to be set right.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The guy I knows bike is a newer build, only a month or so old and he is based in Europe. They have already organised with his LBS to have the front triangle replaced.
I'm hoping it was just a recent batch thing and all the ones sent across the other side of the world to you guys are not caught up it it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah. Mine was recalled. Insert sad face. Apparently the factory fucked up the resin recipe or something. Pretty devastated when I found out given how long wait times are for bikes in general are at the moment. I was thinking it would probably be a good 6 month wait or who knows while Deviate found the issue, booked in another production run at the factory, got them made and sent out etc or whatever they had to do.
I considered pushing for a refund but Deviates communication was outstanding and they made it clear they would cease all current production for new batches, stop taking orders for new bikes and prioritise these recall bikes over anything else. So I decided to hang in there. Got an email that my new frame will be landing in Scotland on or about the 5th of Nov and on its way to me with a new Invisiframe kit shortly after.
Im bummed about this but given I can’t ride it anyway due to old mate Covid it’s not the end of the world.
I can’t fault Deviates handling of this at all. For a tiny company without the huge resources of a bigger company I think they’ve handled the problem and themselves very well.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yeah. Mine was recalled. Insert sad face. Apparently the factory fucked up the resin recipe or something. Pretty devastated when I found out given how long wait times are for bikes in general are at the moment. I was thinking it would probably be a good 6 month wait or who knows while Deviate found the issue, booked in another production run at the factory, got them made and sent out etc or whatever they had to do.
I considered pushing for a refund but Deviates communication was outstanding and they made it clear they would cease all current production for new batches, stop taking orders for new bikes and prioritise these recall bikes over anything else. So I decided to hang in there. Got an email that my new frame will be landing in Scotland on or about the 5th of Nov and on its way to me with a new Invisiframe kit shortly after.
Im bummed about this but given I can’t ride it anyway due to old mate Covid it’s not the end of the world.
I can’t fault Deviates handling of this at all. For a tiny company without the huge resources of a bigger company I think they’ve handled the problem and themselves very well.
Many companies could learn from this. Hope you are back on the dirt soon!