Sold Devinci hectik, bargain, $500

safreek

ITEM: Devinci hectik, med to large

PRICE: $500, bargain,

FURTHER INFO: Just to be honest, I purchased this off dales cannon a while ago for $350, I hired a car to pick it up, fuel included the bike cost me 500. No chopstick going on.
Wouldn't be selling it if I didn't need cash to move house.
165mm travel rear, fox something
160mm fox 36, straight steerer. Can come with boxxers if wanted, it would be good if I can keep the 36
Xt brakes, rear squeals like a pig, contaminated pads I guess
Reverb dropper, you don't get much better than that.
More info later, will put this on facebook in a day or so if no interest

safreek

ITEM: Devinci hectik, med to large

PRICE: $500, bargain,

FURTHER INFO: Just to be honest, I purchased this off dales cannon a while ago for $350, I hired a car to pick it up, fuel included the bike cost me 500. No chopstick going on.
Wouldn't be selling it if I didn't need cash to move house.
165mm travel rear, fox something
160mm fox 36, straight steerer. Can come with boxxers if wanted, it would be good if I can keep the 36
Xt brakes, rear squeals like a pig, contaminated pads I guess
Reverb dropper, you don't get much better than that.
More info later, will put this on facebook in a day or so if no interest
View attachment 357121View attachment 357122
Oh, and proper photos soon

safreek

It was all part of the price of the bike, I went to brizzy specifically to pick up the bike. If you buy a bike part for 100 bucks and pay 20 postage the part cost 120, same as

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
It was all part of the price of the bike, I went to brizzy specifically to pick up the bike. If you buy a bike part for 100 bucks and pay 20 postage the part cost 120, same as
that cost would have also included immunisations , bribing of custom and border officials and some sort of local phrase book to be able to communicate with the Neanderthals too!....seems cheap!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll give you $100 - 10% deposit now and the balance in 6 months when I pick it up.

Good luck with sale. It's a sweet bike, a shame you've gotta move it on rather than build the stable.

safreek

I'll give you $100 - 10% deposit now and the balance in 6 months when I pick it up.

Good luck with sale. It's a sweet bike, a shame you've gotta move it on rather than build the stable.
Yeah. It is a shame, still got the yeti though. If I can't get the money I need I will keep it and hit up a bank for some money. Trying to sell a few things first. Farkin rego and moving at the same time sux

safreek

Split the difference in profit and give it back to Dale, still a cheap bike at 500.
there is no profit taking, just what I payed all up
Agree to disagree. GLWS
Not arguing but when I bought plankasaurus totem it cost me 150 + post of 25, total of 175. If I was to sell them (I'm not) I think it would be fine to ask 175, that's what they cost, no profit making.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sometimes you get a bargain but take a hit on the postage..I have bought 2 frames from OS
both have been a bargain, but with the added post on top they are still a good buy
Im with SA on this one, if you see a great deal that is local its a bonus, the stuff on here is generally well priced now that chops has fucked off!
If you did try to sell it for $350, first thing people would think is "where is it cracked?"

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not arguing but when I bought plankasaurus totem it cost me 150 + post of 25, total of 175. If I was to sell them (I'm not) I think it would be fine to ask 175, that's what they cost, no profit making.
Your analogy doesn't line up.
It would be like you turning around and selling those totems for $175 PLUS $25 postage where they have to cover your previous postage costs plus theirs. With the bike someone might have to hire a car and fill it with fuel to drive to you to pick them up but they shouldn't have to cover your previous travel costs as well as their new travel costs. If that were always the case the cost of buying things would forever compound and make things completely unreasonably priced.

Someone was nice, you got a good deal, but you are selling it for a lot more than what you paid for it because you can. This might be totally fine by you but people will be less likely to be generous with their time and resources to help you in the future because of it.

Reactions: T.3

Flow-Rider

Burner

You've also put wear and tear on the bike too, I would offer it as a kind gesture is what I really meant to say, he gave you the bike for nicks probably thinking you'll hang onto it longer but what you do is your own beezwax.
Just saying :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper

If you mean $175 posted then that’s cool.
If not, then why should the next person pay more than you did for the same item?

Keep it dude. Get that dog into the pit and make some real money.

safreek

So, by everyones theory on this, I picked up a frame with parts from one of mooreys friend, cost me next to nothing, the postage of the package was 160 dollars. You all seem to believe that if I sold the frame and parts ( I'm not, that's a keeper) that I should sell it at the bargain price and just cop the 160 as a loss. Strange logic

safreek

If you mean $175 posted then that’s cool.
If not, then why should the next person pay more than you did for the same item?

Keep it dude. Get that dog into the pit and make some real money.
I still don't get it, I payed 175, if I sold them for 175 posted, I'm only getting 150 after posting. That means that I am still losing 25 bucks.
I wish I could keep the bike as well.

moorey

call me Mia
Things don’t retain their value for life. Your method will see items increasing in price every time they are sold. If I was to buy this, and shipping was about $150, suddenly a $350 bike is $650.
You're entitled to ask what you want. I just don’t think charging others the postage etc you pay, plus new postage fees is in the spirit of things.