DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

poita

Likes Dirt
Polygon http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Polygon-UR-Raw-Story-at-Lourdes,28671/970biking,307
So Trace fucked her shoulder again. Minor separation. How long does that take? Hopefully she still comes out pinning and does not get scared again.
Depends on what it was like before, not great by the sounds of it. Essentially instead of breaking bones, you tear the ligaments that hold them together. Not much better really. With the long break, hoping she will be riding by the next WC?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Is it just me, or is there a frightfully large amount of injured riders at the moment?

Spewin for Tracey:(

driftking

Wheel size expert
Is it just me, or is there a frightfully large amount of injured riders at the moment?

Name of the game.
The sport has exploded with rider improvement and bike improvement, Our gear has allowed us to ride faster and more dangerous track, we have riders pushing harder and harder with tighter racing and now it definitely seems if you want to win you have to take high risk lines and ride even more on and beyond the limit the entire run. So we have riders taking bigger, more often risks, at higher speeds and while bikes get better and riders get stronger we are still dealing with the human body when we crash, it is less easy to upgrade our crash resistance, riders put lots of effort into that area of training but its not as easy as installing a new ligament that's better than last year with high and low speed crash protection adjustment and rider recovery rebound tuning.

Also lots of the riders who we have on top have been around for a pretty long time too, so when you have previous injuries its easier for you to have a recurring one.

M2c

Last edited:

ajay

Sam has undergone surgery on his shoulder...

No word on time frames though. Bummer.

The Fish

Likes Bikes

Agreed, its a war out there! Its all or nothing, would need to change the format to reward lower placed riders more so you get rewarded for consistancy maybe. Maybe best of three runs? Maybe super long courses so its not seconds but minutes between places??

ajay

Aims to be back for the last 2-3 world cups with a focus on using them as prep for champs
Last time that happened, he came back an won Mt St Anne world Champs. Looking forward to seeing his return!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sam has undergone surgery on his shoulder...

No word on time frames though. Bummer.
It's such a shame to see him benched again, he's admitted himself that he is in really good shape. I hope he is back for the last half of the season, it'd be the greatest thing ever to see him win the world champs.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It's such a shame to see him benched again, he's admitted himself that he is in really good shape. I hope he is back for the last half of the season, it'd be the greatest thing ever to see him win the world champs.
He was so far ahead of the field last year before that damn rock garden error!

Simsoi

Likes Bikes
Can't wait for next week. Racing at the local series and world cup in the same weekend!!!!

Getting in early with my picks

1) Brook McDonald
2) Aaron Gwin
3) Danny Hart

Troy Brosnan to make top 5.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Can't wait for next week. Racing at the local series and world cup in the same weekend!!!!

Getting in early with my picks

1) Brook McDonald
2) Aaron Gwin
3) Danny Hart

Troy Brosnan to make top 5.
I'd love to see Brook win it, that'd be ace.

I can't see the field being any closer to Aaron Gwin than they were in Lourdes. He smoked them on a pretty tough track and he has said that he loves Fort William and will do well there.
1) Gwin
2) Daylight (Insert Sam Hill if he was racing)
3) Bruni
4) Atherton
5) Faircloth

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brosnan for the win.

Joe Smith second (he's on fire at the moment and just won the BDS round).

Hannah to win the chicks.

ajay

Too hard to pick beyond gwin winning.

1. Gwin
2-10. A mix of the usual top 10.

I do think though that this will see a changing of the guard of sorts.

The top 10 will have a few young faces beginning to cement their right to stay there.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Actually, I reckon Bruni will be the guy to take it to Gwin and I'll even suggest he may grab a win this weekend an dyep, I agree Ajay, we'll see the up and comers being more consistent and beating the older but still capable vets of the game.

Ivan

Eats Squid
It feels like Steve Smith has been out for aaaagggeessss. I hope he's up to speed when he gets back.

Gwin has resumed next level riding, and I see he's race bike is prepped.. oh yeah thats hot.
11357004_687423478056143_898751078_n.jpg

Bryceland is also on that next level, judging by the footage of him at lourdes, so relaxed and so fast.

Last edited: