Dictator for a day

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
And no one will ever be allowed to post on Rotorburn on their phone with autocorrect enabled.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The only problem I have with this shit is that it’s so obviously talking down prospects so that they can gain a political boost for any upside ... whilst limiting downside risk.

If we Outperform ... ‘look at us we are the bestest economic managers eva’
If we under perform ...’ look we told yas ... don’t blame us’

the Psyche of the people is so downtrodden ... drought, bushfires, floods, pandemic ... we just need pestilence and war to round it off for an awesome 2019/20... surely the better approach would be to get on the front foot and have a more ‘nation building’ stance

1. we will work with our major trading partners to rebuild supply chains and foster more independent/secure/diversified trade. Insert the least politically damaging wording to reducing dependence on China.
  2. encourage local business particularly in Pharmaceuticals, medical research ... whatever other supply chain dependencies we’ve ID during covid to reduce foreign dependencies including food supplies.
  3. tax loop hole closures to lift revenue and cover debt reduction for the stimulus packages we will need to run post covid.

Agree? Disagree? What would you do post covid.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Pestilence: the evidence that I've experienced suggests that there will be some areas of eastern Australia enjoying a springtime locust plague.

As for nation building, I would much prefer my sick jumps and massive gaps to be enabled by constructions of substance rather than debt laden shit heaps made of straw...so I fully expect to use the B line for a while.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The only problem I have with this shit is that it’s so obviously talking down prospects so that they can gain a political boost for any upside ... whilst limiting downside risk.

If we Outperform ... ‘look at us we are the bestest economic managers eva’
If we under perform ...’ look we told yas ... don’t blame us’

the Psyche of the people is so downtrodden ... drought, bushfires, floods, pandemic ... we just need pestilence and war to round it off for an awesome 2019/20... surely the better approach would be to get on the front foot and have a more ‘nation building’ stance

1. we will work with our major trading partners to rebuild supply chains and foster more independent/secure/diversified trade. Insert the least politically damaging wording to reducing dependence on China.
  2. encourage local business particularly in Pharmaceuticals, medical research ... whatever other supply chain dependencies we’ve ID during covid to reduce foreign dependencies including food supplies.
  3. tax loop hole closures to lift revenue and cover debt reduction for the stimulus packages we will need to run post covid.

Agree? Disagree? What would you do post covid.
Going to be tricky to work with our major reading partners and also move away from China...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
CBA Analysis re China Trade
https://www.commbankresearch.com.au...wMDZQYzVURUFTOmFsYW5AbGlua3Nwb3J0cy5jb20uYXU=

my take away is Australia has power ... via Iron ore ... I think Brasil and Canada are our main competitors re Iron. The Canadian people will similarly be wanting an investigation post COVID

I'd also lump in Pork ... as China's pork stocks have been decimated post african swine flu or whatever the sickness was

Behind the scenes we should be working on India, Indonesia, Malaysia as market replacements ... I'd put in Pakistan, but I'm not sure how impacted they are with belt and road debt/obligations

UK / US ... should be backing us ... UK cant feed itself, US has a meat shortage.

If I was dictator, I'd be bringing Labour on board and fucking off domestic politics and banding together for team Australia and 'beefing up' our trade avenues ... We have the power ... we dont need to be overt about it ... diversification of income is good and sound logic

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
CBA Analysis re China Trade
https://www.commbankresearch.com.au...wMDZQYzVURUFTOmFsYW5AbGlua3Nwb3J0cy5jb20uYXU=

my take away is Australia has power ... via Iron ore ... I think Brasil and Canada are our main competitors re Iron. The Canadian people will similarly be wanting an investigation post COVID
& brazil is F’d up so as china needs to rest start their economy our iron ore will b essential for them, time to play turkey...we should also stop baby formula going overseas, it’s the middle upper class who will complain to those in power

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Whoa, how did this thread get neglected like this.

Everyone refusing to get vaccinated has to sign a waver that declines them any form of medical care beyond crystal healing or chakra realignment or juice cleanses or whatever other bullshit Byron is offering currently.

Not sure how this would work with the Hippocratic oath but where there's a will there's a way.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Anti-vaxxers refused ICU beds and put under a gazebo in the carpark instead.
That’s all. I’d be happy with that.
The pig just posted to farkmag
I think triage needs to have a top level HACCAP decision point - "Did you reject a free vaccination against the disease your currently suffering from?" - If the answer is yes, then a bucket of leaches and an extract of the willow tree bark is all you get.... Oh, and a bunch of cardboard so you can make a cheap coffin... or a bunch of old Sydney Morning Heralds to wrap the corpse in and throw them in a ditch from a moving car...... either way..... I'm fine with it.

ICU bed? gazebo? .......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The pig just posted to farkmag
I think triage needs to have a top level HACCAP decision point - "Did you reject a free vaccination against the disease your currently suffering from?" - If the answer is yes, then a bucket of leaches and an extract of the willow tree bark is all you get.... Oh, and a bunch of cardboard so you can make a cheap coffin... or a bunch of old Sydney Morning Heralds to wrap the corpse in and throw them in a ditch from a moving car...... either way..... I'm fine with it.

ICU bed? gazebo? .......
I won't be unhappy if they are given shared access to one of those bullshit lights paleo Pete had a hard on for.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I won't be unhappy if they are given shared access to one of those bullshit lights paleo Pete had a hard on for.
Only on the proviso that Pete has already been wrapped in a bunch of old Sydney Morning Heralds and thrown in a ditch from a moving car so that there is no way he benefits from this arrangement.