Difference between '02 Stinky and '04 Stinky frames only ???

SKT

Likes Dirt
I was just curious what people think or KNOW are the main differences between a '02 Stinky frame only and a '04 Stinky frame. I was thinking things like head tube angles, seat tube angles, tob tube lengths, weld points and general structure and geometry.
Reason? I was just wondering how my '02 stands up against the new generation Stinkers.

SKT

Likes Dirt
bighitter said:
www.konaworld.com
They have all the info on there site.
I think older stinkies were only 5" ? the newer ones are 6" rear travel
There's nothing about '02 bikes on the site :roll:

Just curious anyway.

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bazza said:
its better!!!!!! the paint job kills the old ones.
i hate the new ones, black and orange :? not too sure about that. the silver and red looks cool tho(if thats the 02 one)

Grix

Likes Dirt
[wombat edit:] great, next time say something relevant (maybe clever even?)or just shut up[edit]

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Grix said:
I will own any Stinky, my dream bike!!
i like peanuts too, would u like a hot drink of cool refreshing ice tea?

think that from 2002 and 2004 everything is pretty much the same (frame wise) i can't seem to find much relevent detail from the 02 model but i'd presume there'd be no or very little difference in frames.
only major difference has nothing to do with the frame, but as years progress stinky's are getting specced a lot better than they used to.

poo poo wee wee

well,
i picked up an 04 stinky and it kicks ass over all previous models. the triples work a treat and an extra inch of travel here and there really helps too. :D

Simoto

Squid
i know that the 04 one has got more chunky tubing on the swingarm, i have an 02 and i snapped the rear of it, altho i wasn't doing nething crazy :S. the new one's also have an extra inch of travel with more gusseting and obvisly as explained b4 have new paint job, takes a genius to work that 1 out.

struggles

Likes Dirt
Does the 02 model have the easton tubing or the kona klump tubing?

I know my mates 01 stinky deelux has the easton and my 03 has the kona klump tubes.