Dirt Jump Etiquette

would the development of DJ etiquette be helpful - provided people followed it?

• Total voters

Jimmy_083

Squid
3. Take out what you take in. The ground around the trails is not the place to throw your empty chip packets, coke cans, busted inner tubes and used syringes. If the jumps are on private land the owners probably don’t want you using the place as a rubbish dump. Take a plastic bag with you and carry out any trash you accumulate during the day.

Too true. About a year back, myself and a few mates were down at the local jumps...My 9 year old brother stumbled upon used syringe heaven...Lucky he didnt get spiked.

STP 4 life

Likes Bikes
Im 13 and everyone always bags young kids for wrecking the jumps when they dont.
i built a set of 4 jumps to a berm then another 2 jumps when some bunch of 18 year olds came and trashed them with their wannabe mates and there $6000 bikes. Its not always young kids who trash the jumps and leave rubbish everywhere

harryp2

Likes Bikes
Im 13 and everyone always bags young kids for wrecking the jumps when they dont.
i built a set of 4 jumps to a berm then another 2 jumps when some bunch of 18 year olds came and trashed them with their wannabe mates and there $6000 bikes. Its not always young kids who trash the jumps and leave rubbish everywhere
This is true, the problem the youngsters face is the fact that alot cant ride the bigger jumps so there constantly associated with the jumps destruction because there not capable of riding them.
Dont get me wrong ive seen kids that are years younger than me that could maul me on DJ's etc. But as a overall issue it seems that they are blamed because there seen as "incompetant" on a bigger set.

konahoe

Squid
could not agrea more with this one. ever since i was a litle kid i have been building jumps i started with table tops, but the kids that would find the jumps would roll over the lips eventualy i started to build doubles which stoped this but then the council would complain about them being a hazard! if i build them i dont intend them to be riden on by any one that cant add to them!

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
If you unsure who built them, dont touch them.
It will keep you safe from shovel attacks :p

In all seriousness, i get sick of building a nice set to have them ridden by 12-15 year olds that have no respect for them and ghosty their bikes over and bring crates and wreck the landing because they dont care if they slighly case because they have a crate!!
And i agree with the rubbish idea. our site get covered with maccas and kfc rubbish..

And if your not jumping dont just stand in the way or where someone may need to pull out..

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
I agree its not only little kids...

ITS LITTLE KIDS ON BMXS!!
Keep ridin mate!

C G

Squid
Axe, hoe, ceketers (however you spell it) for clearing

then shovels and matcock for digging

bam you've got some secret trails in the middle of the bush
A bit off topic but,

Good work bmx4life for knowing these tools and admitting you can't spell it.

For all those new to gardnening and earthworks,

Noun 1. secateurs - small pruning shears with a spring that holds the handles open and a single blade that closes against a flat surface

mattock
Noun
a type of large pick that has one flat, horizontal end to its blade, used for loosening soil [Old English mattuc]

A good free dictionary/thesauraus site is wubya wubya wubya thefreedictionary dot com

And getting back on Topic, we had a wicked set of DJ's buldozed down near loftus about 6 or 8 years ago now for that whole litigation reason.

I rocked up one day and there were coppers everywhere and I just continued through as if I didn't know anything about them as I didn't want to be pinged for building them and cop some personal fines.

I didn't build them, but I also never damaged them as lot of it was out of my league. I patched a couple of the small ones up though:)

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure if its there but FOR GODS SAKE DONT TAKE PEOPLES TOOLS. i have had a shovel stolen and i know plenty of people who have had many tools taken in heeps of different places! if they're hidden.. and they're not yours! dont take them its as simple as that

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
Rule 4: Unless you build the jumps, don't change them!

If you want to jump bigger jumps then dont build on other peoples, you may be preventing newbies or bad riders from using jumps they were happy with AND THEY BUILT!!!! Go build your own bigger ones seperately And second that about the rubbish, nothing worse than damn broken glass from dickheads breaking their beer bottles :evil:
Unless you ruin something and you have to fix up a lip or something

Loky

Cannon Fodder
We really need some DJ etiquette.
Lately our hidden trails have been found out about, people have changed the jumps, dont fix their cases and have stolen our shovles. Theres so many people out there that need to be educated on the etiquette.
NO DIG NO RIDE

Sam

I agree with Loki, i dont think that 'no dig no ride' is the final resort but i do think that people should fix and cases or anything that they make. At some jumps that i ride sometimes they keep a shovel there and if they see somebody make a hole or wreck them at all they give the people the shovel and make them fix it...or just maybe learn to ride so that you dont wreck the jumps!?:)

Gagina

Squid
Cant agree with u more man sweet post!!

u sound like u have alot of dedecation the ur jumps and ur riding keep it up:cool:

DH danny

Squid
no dig no ride

i think that the no dig no ride rule is dumb. unless its the local 7 year old knobheads. they come and trash them because there crap and cant ride. if there good and a nice guy them we'll welcome them to our trails.