Dirt jump spots in the Melbourne area

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw those. Looked great. Just thought some finished job photos would be appropriate. Don't go to any trouble for my sake.

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's funny, I've been down there 3 times since it opened and I haven't once thought to take any pics. Must be too preoccupied riding...

I'll try and remember to take pics next time I head down.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where is it Matt? I'd love to check it out if I find myself over that way with my bike.

creole

Likes Bikes
The new set of small/medium table tops at kensington are sweet, but the whole place needs some shovel work from the rain.

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I might try and get down there on Thursday or Friday after it's rained and do some tidying up on the jumps and some of the pump track berms.

Justintime

Cannon Fodder
Hi All

Just invested in a dj bike im keen to hit up mainly spots closer to the northern suburbs but don't mind travelling further (keep in mind i am a newbie) don't be shy to send me pm

creole

Likes Bikes
Hi All

Just invested in a dj bike im keen to hit up mainly spots closer to the northern suburbs but don't mind travelling further (keep in mind i am a newbie) don't be shy to send me pm
Hit up Plenty Gorge behind Uni Hill/Greensborough hwy.

Nice downhill section with table tops and lots of snakes. You probably need a local to show you the spots.

Theres also Northern BMX track off McKimmies road thomo, its infested with arrogant nitro car enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Drjft

Squid
Bit of a bump, but wanted to give an update on the dirt jumps at Kensington. I went there for a ride yesterday on my 26'er FS... stupid wind, though!

No maintenance has pretty much left them in tatters. The dirt is wearing down and huge, jagged rocks are sticking out in its place. The berms have become almost unrideable in the middle. Would be good to get in touch with the council and have them resurfaced.

The pump track is fine and a heap of fun.