Dirt jump versus Street bike?

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The axle is a good start, and the revs aren't going to weigh in like a domain or an argyle. Both of which have a very shit feel.
What are you basing you judgement of argyles upon? They are dirt jump specific forks, and the new RCT argyles feel plenty stiff enough and have a great feel for street/dj.

Like g-fish says (his advice is the one i'd be listening to), revs are fine for the majority of dirt jump/street stuff.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Remember, DinkDoodle claimed his 300 year old nomad was the perfect XC bike when fitted with totems.

I'd be taking any advice of his with a grain of acid.....

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Nah going with Poodle, argyle's do feel like shit, RCT included
Circus Experts are superb
But Poodle's the type of person that would run brakes on a street bike

Edit: As a comparison, my old street bike (blue) to my dirt jumper (black)-Taking into consideration the difference in fork height, the street bike still has a higher bottom bracket and overall different design

The street bike was horrible on dirt, but the dirt jumper is still alright with street
Chucking a suspension fork on the street specific bike turned it into more poo

1655688_580272508726568_1045003876_o.jpg
11120598_839096639510819_1232932333_n.jpg

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What are you basing you judgement of argyles upon? They are dirt jump specific forks, and the new RCT argyles feel plenty stiff enough and have a great feel for street/dj.

Like g-fish says (his advice is the one i'd be listening to), revs are fine for the majority of dirt jump/street stuff.
Basing it on having used them...I don't doubt the legs are stiff enough, but when they cycle through their travel it just feels dead and flat. Same goes for the 140mm air version as well. I've been a RS fan boy for a long time but the argyle line don't cut it.

Please tell me you're trolling, i think your perception of 'street' is a little off, go watch some matt macduff videos....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1obn_kwfw
IMG_20150607_154304.jpg
? Yeah? I live in between 2 skate parks and have a "circuit" between then that involves stairs, a few drops, multilevel carparks, 1 small wall ride, a few parks with various bits and pieces, and 2 small but steep hills. I even rode in a concrete drain the other day and pretended the terminator was chasing me... that's street enough for me. No I don't have a 1-up.

Remember, DinkDoodle claimed his 300 year old nomad was the perfect XC bike when fitted with totems.

I'd be taking any advice of his with a grain of acid.....
Tab, not grain...seems the midlife crisis hitting you hard? See your GP and try some HRT. #Nomad4life.

Nah going with Poodle, argyle's do feel like shit, RCT included
Circus Experts are superb
But Poodle's the type of person that would run brakes on a street bike

(I snipped out the pics to save space)
Yeah I do. I haven't been hit by a car yet...I would like to continue with that trend. No hard feelings if you like to drive your bike to the skate park or similar, but i ride there. I also like to do skids. The circus forks feel nice, they are also light. But they lack visual sex appeal. I like your shovel moving technique. I slip mine between backpack and back. Like xarring a ninja sword.