Dirt jumping in Melbourne

Chreezmo

Cannon Fodder
Hi, I've recently switched to a full sus, and my jumping is terrible. Had a shuttle weekend at Mystic bike park and I was all over the show on Hero.

Where can I find dirt jumps to session? Preferably with progressive sizing so I can improve. I'm in the inner North of Melbourne, but would be happy to drive.

Thanks!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
how much travel in the full susp.? what kid of jumps -you mean big stuff on endure trails or smaller xc/trail?
Harcourt would be a good place to practice real trail jumps, there is a few on trail2

im guessing your jumping wasn't great on a ht either?

you yangs have a few trails in stockyards side that have dbl jumps -safe to practice on

Jpez

Down on the left!
Depending on where you are both Altona meadows and Kensington in the west have dirt jumps. More bmx size especially Kensington but still good for getting those skills up.

Chreezmo

Cannon Fodder
how much travel in the full susp.? what kid of jumps -you mean big stuff on endure trails or smaller xc/trail?
Harcourt would be a good place to practice real trail jumps, there is a few on trail2

im guessing your jumping wasn't great on a ht either?

you yangs have a few trails in stockyards side that have dbl jumps -safe to practice on
Cheers. Fair bit, 170mm. Enduro size. Nah, I was okay on a ht and spent a bit of time in parks on a bmx. It's just been a while, and I'm still coming to terms with the full suss.

Yep, Harcourt is good, I like the trails out there. Hoping there's something closer.

Chreezmo

Cannon Fodder
Depending on where you are both Altona meadows and Kensington in the west have dirt jumps. More bmx size especially Kensington but still good for getting those skills up.
Cheers, I remember seeing Kensington jumps a while back but have never ridden there.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I've never taken two bikes away before, but I think ballarat deserves it. can't go messing up the dirt jumps with moto tyres.

moorey

call me Mia
I've never taken two bikes away before, but I think ballarat deserves it. can't go messing up the dirt jumps with moto tyres.
You won’t. Set like rock. But a duallie struggles on the steep dirt jumps unless you’re pretty handy.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
If this is the accepted practice at this location then all good, mostly dirt jump builders will frown at knobby tyres on their trails and riders will be admonished.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
little hardtails with slicks are so much fun in those type of trails. Funny that, being what they are designed for. You can have a crack yourself moorebags when I heal up and head down.

Maybe because there council built @cokeonspecialtwodollars, nobody rode duel suss knobby’s on the trails I built, it took us fare too long to make them pretty, and they were steep