NSW Dirt Required for Pump Track Build

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Are you after fill that's free or are you willing to pay?
I'm happy to pay, as you mentioned I'm just struggling to find someone who has access to the right stuff and is willing to help out... all my leads so far haven't hit pay dirt so to speak. I'm a member at the local BMX club and even there the quarry that we used to get dirt from for the club reached end of life a few months back.

Will the pump track stay dirt? I mean what's your plans for the finish product? will you be maintaining it? gonna get the whole thing tar? tar corners?
Although the maintenance free side of a tar track is appealing, I'd prefer to keep it dirt. There are a few reasons why but the main one being that we don't have reticulated sewerage out here and a condition of our license to operate the septic system includes keeping a standby area reserved in the very unlikely case that the primary sub-surface irrigation disposal area fails, the site that we've designated for the pump track just so happens to be the reserved area so theoretically should not have any impermeable surfaces.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
I'm happy to pay, as you mentioned I'm just struggling to find someone who has access to the right stuff and is willing to help out... all my leads so far haven't hit pay dirt so to speak. I'm a member at the local BMX club and even there the quarry that we used to get dirt from for the club reached end of life a few months back.
Mate, that sux big time. Are you a member of Lake Macq? I'm sure they won't mind you borrowing a couple of their big doubles to build your pump track.... hahaha. Hope you come across some sooon.

Although the maintenance free side of a tar track is appealing, I'd prefer to keep it dirt. There are a few reasons why but the main one being that we don't have reticulated sewerage out here and a condition of our license to operate the septic system includes keeping a standby area reserved in the very unlikely case that the primary sub-surface irrigation disposal area fails, the site that we've designated for the pump track just so happens to be the reserved area so theoretically should not have any impermeable surfaces.
I prefer dirt, main thing is you can do changes(which strangely seems to happen all the time :becky:) plus, there's the never ending tweaks..... haha. Although, tar corners would be nice. The other plus from keeping it all dirt is that if you ever want to sell your place you can just level it and turf....