Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross Series 2011

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO Cross Racing.

Only question is why a MTBA license can't be used. They have done so at other cross and buying a three race permit just adds to the cost.

ps thanks for organising the series again.

singleminded

Likes Bikes
Fantastic!
Rode all three in mtb class last season and had a ball. However the real party is racing in the cyclocross catagory, so my question is:
How realistic/achievable is it to convert my 29er 'David' into a cyclocross 'Goliath'?

On another note, clever of the organizers to send us mtb'ers out first to create a more Euro-like experience for the CXers . God brought rain during the week and we (the mtbers) created the mud before the 'show'. Hope y'all appreciated our efforts. Certainly made for an entertaining 'heckle-fest'.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh so shattered. cross bike on the way, got a winter skinsuit (not the full length red thing i used last year), going to work in the NT for 4 months. if the stars align i may make it to the july 17 race.

Last edited:

dyon

Likes Bikes
pretty frustrated here too. i'm recovering from a knee reconstruction and i don't think it will be up to vaulting barriers any time soon.

on the bright side, it means i can heckle both the MTB and CX classes rather than just one last year.

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
bummed to hear that a couple of strong riders won't be competing - but i guess that means a few more podium spots for everyone else...

Only question is why a MTBA license can't be used. They have done so at other cross and buying a three race permit just adds to the cost.
we are working on a deal with Cycling Victoria. we agree that it sucks having to buy a permit, but according to the CV lawyers, MTBA license holders are only covered if they have the upgrade that also allows them to race road. and we don't like to argue with the lawyers.

On another note, clever of the organizers to send us mtb'ers out first to create a more Euro-like experience for the CXers . God brought rain during the week and we (the mtbers) created the mud before the 'show'. Hope y'all appreciated our efforts.
We did plan it this way. not the rain - we're pretty persuasive, but not quite that powerful - but rather we figured that the mtbers would tear up the course beforehand, making it way harder for their skinny tired cousins.

now let's keep our fingers crossed that it rains constantly all winter, except for the CX dates. the coburg site has a mudpit that will swallow people whole.

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
Excellent news from our Cycling Victoria Liason Officer: At any Dirty Deeds race this year you will be able to purchase a Cyclocross Season Pass for $50. This will cover you for all four Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross races and the Cycling Victoria Cyclocross Open. This has solved a major headache for us, and represents a total bargain for you. Now you have no excuse!

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I think that I have left my run to get into cross shape a little late. I nearly died from coughing after the last race.

My gf was not impressed with how smelly the bike was that got put in her car. Shouldnt have left so early so I could have got it washed cleanish.

I will be there on Sunday. Looks like a nice day. If only it would sleet so it would look and feel Euro

Sunday 19 JuneSummary Min 9 Max 17 Mainly dry. Melbourne areaPartly cloudy. The chance of isolated showers. Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
I don't have a CA license, only mtba/bv is that not recognised?
sorry, but we run with Cycling Victoria. you will need to either purchase a day permit ($30), a 3 ride permit ($50) or a CX season pass (all 4 remaining CX races this year for $50).

i'd like to apologise to everyone's girlfriends and/or boyfriends for the way their other halves smelt after the prologue.

i'd also like to apologise in advance for the way they will smell after sunday. apparently it's a quagmire down there. mountainbikers will have a distinct advantage.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
For all of the Fellow Rotorburners that missed out her are some photo's from the event.

It was an awesome race to watch and even my mate that is a DH devotee said he enjoyed it :p

Blue.jpgBlue 2.jpgCycloCross Color.jpgIMG_5596.jpgJump.jpgLouie 2.jpg

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
What cool photos, and check out how many spectators there are. Maybe those weird Europeans are on to something!