DISAPPOINTED TRANCE X0 2 weeks old RANT

As mentioned in another post, I took it out my new Trance X0 on Saturday for first bush ride (been overseas for 8 days have ridden around street with kids) and when going up the first hill the gears started to slip. Limped it home, tinkered a little and couldn't fix it. Took it back to shop they changed chain and rear sprocket and its still slipping. Bike now needs to go to Giant for Warranty issue and possibly a new back wheel. I took it back to the not so local bike shop again today (3rd trip there and back 80 kms round trip) as the problem is still there with the gears slipping under load. I said to bike shop that i wanted to go for a ride tomorrow Tuesday (which i do) as i'm on holidays this week and wanted to hit the trails while the weather is still good.
Giant is apparently based in Melbourne and of course they were on a public holiday today so still no answer!!!!

Bike cost $$$$ and shouldn't have these issues IMO for the money!!!!

NOT HAPPY GIANT

ROSIFUMI

willsy01

Eats Squid
Define 'slipping'? The chain is actually pulling over the sprockets/chainrings or it's trying to change gears under load?

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Are you thinking what I'm thinking ?

Grab ya pitch fork it's lynch mob'n time yeeeew !

Seriously though its faarked but lemons come in different shapes, sizes and colours if I were you I'd demand a replacement bike, or torch the village !

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Tell the LBS that u want a loaner bike until ur $$$$ bike is fixed and tested!?

I bought a Trance X1 last year and never had a seconds trouble. Your just unlucky I guess.

finksta

Likes Dirt
Is it the gears or the hub? I had a similar issue with a 2012 trance xo, slipping under load. It was a faulty free hub body, my lbs had a new one they gave me and sent the faulty one back for warranty replacement.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

willsy01

Eats Squid
If worst comes to worse, i've seen much success come from a sternly worded (but not abusive) post on Giant's Facebook page.

I have had my Trance X0 for three weeks done about 200 Klm,s on some fairly tough MTB tracks no problems at all, sometimes when a company make so many products there is always a chance of a problem now and then. I have heard good reports on Giant warranties.

markusm

Likes Bikes
If worst comes to worse, i've seen much success come from a sternly worded (but not abusive) post on Giant's Facebook page.
Maybe he could try a "sternly worded" (if not already done so) face to face conversation with the shop owner, call me old fashioned I know!

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Don't worry been there too on my two hour old cannondale. Different failure but still pissed.

But it will work out Ok in the end. .. and if not worth a certain amount of failures within a certain time period you can by law demand your money back

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You guys do realise that none of the listed problems have anything to do with the make or model of the bikes right?

markusm

Likes Bikes
Don't worry been there too on my two hour old cannondale. Different failure but still pissed.

But it will work out Ok in the end. .. and if not worth a certain amount of failures within a certain time period you can by law demand your money back
Im going through a similar issue with another brand as well. It happens to all brands, to me it sounds like a retailer issue, not Giants, squillions of their bikes sell every year for a reason.

T-Rex

Template denier
Is it the gears or the hub? I had a similar issue with a 2012 trance xo, slipping under load. It was a faulty free hub body, my lbs had a new one they gave me and sent the faulty one back for warranty replacement.

+1. I would think it's more likely to be the hub on a brand new bike..... pawls not engaging for whatever reason.

See if the shop will lend you a back wheel while they sort it out. Gets you back on the trail.

plans are to get a wheel off the demo bike or off the new bike in showroom. its like when i start pedalling its like the gears slip as if theyre changing but they don't. They think its the hub. I plan to ask for a shock pump as i need to buy one for the hassles and maybe some other accessories (see how i go). Ive asked them to ring my by 10am tomorrow to let me know how thwy went ith Giant. If any issues then the phone call to Giant will be on the cards along with a sternly worded email to back it up. This is the 2nd giant in 3 months, as i upgraded to this from xtc 2 no probs with the first one just this one. Im sure they will fix as i will accept nothing less

Cheers

finksta

Likes Dirt
I plan to ask for a shock pump as i need to buy one for the hassles and maybe some other accessories (see how i go).

Cheers
Giant bikes are supposed to come with a shock pump, you should have been given one already.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Ive had problems with giant too, i bought a new reign and instantly noticed the forks had rebound issues. Giant refused to do anything about it and said it was fox's problem so after being sent away to fox they returned unrepaired, leaving me in the same situation as you were.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Sounds like poor service from the shop not Giant. Things go wrong now and again. I'm sure Giant will fix your problem as soon as they can. In the meantime the shop should be providing you with a functional bike.
Something went wrong with my X9 shifter on my Giant. Took it back to the shop and they put an X7 on it while I waited for the warranty replacement. They didn't have to do it but I had just bought a $4000 bike from them so why wouldn't they feel like helping me out?

ADD

Likes Dirt
Ive had problems with giant too, i bought a new reign and instantly noticed the forks had rebound issues. Giant refused to do anything about it and said it was fox's problem so after being sent away to fox they returned unrepaired, leaving me in the same situation as you were.
I also had a problem with my fox forks on my Reign. Shop sent them away to fox and they were fixed and returned within a few days.