thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
a New hope was directed by Lucus

Empire strikes back Irvin Kershner

and Return of the Jedi Richard Marquand

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is nothing but good,

Lucas' has story treatments for 7,8,9 that he WAS going to give to someone to make, he was never going to touch the movies himself though. The guy just wants to retire and at $4 billion bucks for the acquisition of lucas film it's one of the biggest deals in cinema history. Disney have got there hands on a gold mine, it'll take no time at all to turn it into massive profit, lucas film has it's fingers in many different pots and is a money making machine.

As for Star Wars (it will be live action, not cartoon), Let's just hope it falls into the right hands, but unfortunately, all the best Directors that would be in contention to direct this (Disney still picks the director, and past history shows who their favorites are), are all busy and there schedule's directly coincide with the Episode 7 production, Let's just hope which ever director get's there hands on the films, does to Star Wars what Nolan did for Batman.

Bermshot

Banned
I think ol Walts head is spinning upon this acquisition, in a good way. Animae would be OK but I would like a story presented as others have said.

I did read a book based after 'Return of the Jedi' and Luke came fully into his own, Leia was aware of her abilities and used them but was still no Jedi. Yes, Luke was training Siss but had too much business everywhere else to give her the way's. The Dark Side consisted of some Admiral and the Chimera.

Hell yeah! Bring the Mandalorians in.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
An insider has claimed Darth Vader will be back as he is an integral part of the series. I'll go cross eyed if they bring him back in anything other than ghost form as he was clearly....ghostified.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can we bitch and moan about how shit ep9 was here? Cause fuck me..! Sure it's better than phantom menace + the last Jedi, but only just.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I saw it today, quite liked it actually. Thought all three were decent watches if you just enjoy star wars movies, don't get involved in the details.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably the target audience doesn't want a well-told story or interesting characters?
I'd say we could look to the deterioration of the game of thrones tv series for a guide there...while I don't think it was ever good (despite virtually limitless resources), the series definitely declined in story telling and character development each season. Culminating in a final season of very tired and very broking viewing. But you bet I watched all of it.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I watched one ep of GoT and it didn't stir my loins.

Watched the full ten seasons of Shameless (US), still catching up to currrent. Much more to our liking.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I watched one ep of GoT and it didn't stir my loins.
My fatal flaw was having read the books. For some sadistic reason I enjoy seeing things I've read the end into film. I assume it is about visualising so evening I have enjoyed imagining. It ready works out well.

I watched the 1944 adaptation of hemmingway's to have and have not, not too long ago. It was so dissimilar to the novel it may as well have had a different name.