Dissector on front

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Is anyone running a Dissector as a front tyre? I love them as a back but don't have one on hand to try so though I'd ask before buying one in case there's better. Need it for loose, rocky granite conditions.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'm running one and like it. It has the Maxxis vague spot when leaning the bike over but it just makes you lean in faster.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I have one paired to a aggressor rear.
Good fast front tyre for trailriding, I wouldn’t run on for endurbro or super techy fast descents but it’s a winner for dry undulating trails.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tried but didn't much like it, mostly due to above mentioned vague spot (coming from an Assegai). Would be a good option if you can live with that though, rolls better than a DHF/DHR.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is anyone running a Dissector as a front tyre? I love them as a back but don't have one on hand to try so though I'd ask before buying one in case there's better. Need it for loose, rocky granite conditions.
Where abouts? My mate did at the Youis and because it’s so soft it lasted about 15 minutes. He is a super aggressive rider though. Said it was quick but not enough grip for him in certain spots and couldn’t trust it.
My mate values outright speed above all else but has gone back to an ASSGUY.
Sorry. No first hand info.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah it will never be as grippy as an assguy. Rolls so much better though.
Everythings a compromise. Tbh I don’t notice the vague spot but I only ever really run DHF, HRII’s.

DMan

Yeah it will never be as grippy as an assguy. Rolls so much better though.
Everythings a compromise. Tbh I don’t notice the vague spot but I only ever really run DHF, HRII’s.
It's still going to be better than the Nobbly Nic it's replacing.....

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been running it on my short travel trail bike with a Rekon on the rear as a light weight fast rolling setup. Probably what a PR department would call aggressive XC, downcountry, or whatever fcucking stupid name tag is has now.

Always going to be a trade off between rolling resistance and outright grip, falls towards the lower grip higher speed part of the spectrum. That said, it is a sweet tyre for fast rolling, dry, moderately challenging trails. I really rate it for its intended purpose.

I haven't notice a vague spot in the same way the DHF/DHRII combo on my other bike has - just slightly lower grip level.

stirk

Burner
I've recently tried an agressor and dissector on the front and quickly went back to high roller 2 as it just feels better and manages sandy patches better than any other tyre I've used. This could just be my bikes preference so try it, if you don't like it they make a great rear tyre.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It's still going to be better than the Nobbly Nic it's replacing.....
I'm three or four rides into an exo 2.4 dissector on my ripley @DMan after being on Hans Dampf for a couple of years. I like the HD but tried something different. First couple of loose over berms (at bunyaville) I had that awkward DHF like slip zone before the side lugs grip. The HD don't do this. I seem to have got used to it though.

Otherwise, seems to be faster rolling than the HD, which surprised me a bit.

Tread is really soft so may not like your granite slabs. That loose deco stuff out your way may be interesting with the gap between the centre and side lugs.

DMan

I'm three or four rides into an exo 2.4 dissector on my ripley @DMan after being on Hans Dampf for a couple of years. I like the HD but tried something different. First couple of loose over berms (at bunyaville) I had that awkward DHF like slip zone before the side lugs grip. The HD don't do this. I seem to have got used to it though.

Otherwise, seems to be faster rolling than the HD, which surprised me a bit.

Tread is really soft so may not like your granite slabs. That loose deco stuff out your way may be interesting with the gap between the centre and side lugs.
I hear you. Worse case I'll have it for the rear and look at something else for the front. I had a HD on a Reign that I had and struggled with it. Butchers have been my go to up to now.

Petero

Likes Dirt
A bit of a thread hijack, what's the dissector like on the rear once it gets a bit wet? Just sub par or should I putting the DHR back on when there's rain around?

DMan

A bit of a thread hijack, what's the dissector like on the rear once it gets a bit wet? Just sub par or should I putting the DHR back on when there's rain around?
I've run a dissector in all conditions as a rear and been happy.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Haven't run a dissector, but never liked the dhf vague spot and I'm now running a dhr2 on the front and really like it. Mostly You Yangs riding so dry, sandy, granite etc.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Depends on the surface. I run one year round in Melbourne at the moment. It's good 90% of the time. If I'm riding somewhere that's particularly loamy or clay-based in the wet, then it's game over for rear grip, but there's equally not much else that's going to stand up in those conditions anyway. I'm happy with the trade-off for a well rolling and cornering rear companion to DHF/Assegai up front the rest of the time.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Try the Ibex onza in a 2.4, I don't feel any dead spot on them in the slow learning corners, even in the fast turns they just grip.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Looks like the old version after a google search.
Ah OK, I'm interested to know what the new one is like.

Kind looks like a mini Magic Mary and I reckon it would suit 95% if what I ride

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk