Dissector on front

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have been running it on my short travel trail bike with a Rekon on the rear as a light weight fast rolling setup. Probably what a PR department would call aggressive XC, downcountry, or whatever fcucking stupid name tag is has
Exact same setup came factory on my Transition Spur.
Seem good at what they do, roll fast(ish) with moderate grip.
Have run one as a rear before on a bigger bike with an Assegai on the front.

It's easy to shout Minion at everything but some sacrifice has to be made for rolling speed.

Good grip on dry and hardback, pea gravel not so good.

FWIW, my 2.4 Dissector weights 990g and my 2.4 DHR II weighs 970g o_O

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Exact same setup came factory on my Transition Spur.
Seem good at what they do, roll fast(ish) with moderate grip.
Have run one as a rear before on a bigger bike with an Assegai on the front.

It's easy to shout Minion at everything but some sacrifice has to be made for rolling speed.

Good grip on dry and hardback, pea gravel not so good.

FWIW, my 2.4 Dissector weights 990g and my 2.4 DHR II weighs 970g o_O
What Dissector though? The 2.4 I ordered in 60TPI 3C EXO says 787g

ozzybmx

What Dissector though? The 2.4 I ordered in 60TPI 3C EXO says 787g
Same one, it's 100g over published weight.

Mine is an OEM tyre with the white Maxxis decals... that's the only thing I can think of.

It was found during the parts weigh-in on my Spur, was a bit surprised to be honest, I dont think I've ever had a tyre out by such % over published weight... though I haven't actually weighed one in quite a few years. I'll always look at the spec when buying but never check.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Same one, it's 100g over published weight.

Mine is an OEM tyre with the white Maxxis decals... that's the only thing I can think of.

It was found during the parts weigh-in on my Spur, was a bit surprised to be honest, I dont think I've ever had a tyre out by such % over published weight... though I haven't actually weighed one in quite a few years. I'll always look at the spec when buying but never check.
That would suck if so as that was one of the positives for me, the weight. I will weigh the tyre when it arrives and report back!

Petero

Likes Dirt
I found some old photos on my phone of tyres on the scale.. (with plastic label thing & zip tie)
29 x 2.4 DHR2 EXO TR - 954g, published weight = 955g. 1g under.
29 x 2.4 Dissector EXO TR MaxxTerra - 947g, published weight = 912g. 35g over.
29 x 2.5 DHF EXO TR MaxxGrip - 1038g, published weight = 1017g. 21g over.

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tried but didn't much like it, mostly due to above mentioned vague spot (coming from an Assegai). Would be a good option if you can live with that though, rolls better than a DHF/DHR.
So back to the Assegai on the front?

ozzybmx

The 80% tread 29x2.4 Dissector I have in the shed is 895g including sealant residue and two bacon strips. Who wants a weight weenie bargain?? No lowballers.
He knows what he's got here !

Only 2 bacon strips, my 27.5 has 4 and still going, 2 of them are in the same hole to be fair.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have a Dissector 2.6 exo tr wt up front on a 25.5mm rim, and 2.4 HRII on the rear. Goes great at Stromlo. I rode HRII front and rear for the last couple of years so the Dissector seems way less vague when you're pushing it. The more round profile on the narrow rim may actually be a good thing for that.