DIYMTB Aus Enduro bearing suppliers??

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if DIYMTB have had any recent issues? www.diymtb.com.au

Been trying to get hold of them now for 2 days to order a set of enduro BB bearings with no luck so far. My LBS has had no luck either.

Anyone know if they are still operating?

Or if anyone can help I need 2 of these- Enduro Bearing - DR 21531 SW 14mm wide Dimensions: 21.5 x 31 x 14

Or 4 of these as a last resort- Enduro Bearing - MR 21531 Dimensions: 21.5 x 31 x 7

Have tried all the big name bearing suppliers and no one list an alternative bearing that matches.

I could order them straight from Enduro but was hoping I could get them this week.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Duncan is still there, I talked to him last week. He is pretty busy guy, but they have enduro. He has the mobile on there too if you haven't tried that?

Calling him is definitely the best way to go.

Likes Dirt
Duncan is still there, I talked to him last week. He is pretty busy guy, but they have enduro. He has the mobile on there too if you haven't tried that?

Calling him is definitely the best way to go.
Just got a call back from DIYMTB. They got a message from my LBS yesterday afternoon but were waiting for my lbs to call back as one message isn't enough for them to bother calling back.

Its really no wonder people are ordering from overseas when the Aus suppliers seam to think its not up to them to return calls or look after customers.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I've never had an issue with DIYMTB

Of the times when Duncan couldn't take the call he's returned my messages the same day

Likes Dirt
I've never had an issue with DIYMTB

Of the times when Duncan couldn't take the call he's returned my messages the same day
Thats good to hear. Im not sure it was Duncan that I spoke to but the attitude on the phone was very poor. If I was in no hurry for the bearings I would have ordered elsewhere.

He still never called my LBS back. They ended up calling him again to get the order rolling.

Lube

Likes Dirt
This episode sounds quite strange! Duncan is the man! The amount of times that guy has been spot on and returned calls..... Your experience sounds like quite an odd one, at least you get the bearings in the end I guess?

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I've had excellent service from Duncan, even after calling him about 3-4 times with idiot, bearing-related questions.

"What happens if I've put gouges in the bearing press tool?" :)

T-Rex

Template denier
+1 for Duncan and DIYMTB.

Done heaps of orders with him over the past three years, never had a problem. He's always been responsive and fast in the couple of times I have rung him in a panic having discovered seized bearings on the Wednesday before a race.

jarv

Likes Bikes
+2 for duncan.usually great sevice.I saw him at the shack attack 6hr on the weekend.He would have been busy setting up.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just go to a bearing supply shop. You will get a better quality bearing at a cheaper price.

Likes Dirt
Thanks all good to know. Maybe I just got him on a bad day.

I would just like to also make it clear I didn't start this thread to Shit Can DIYMTB. With all the other Australian bike companies that seam to be going out of business lately I was just trying to make sure I wasn't wasting time trying to contact a business that no longer excisted.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres a fair risk this thread will turn full of props for duncan, so i;ll get in mine too.
Always been great, both times ive travelled overseas with bikes i have called him the day or two before i left in a panic and he has got me sorted incredibly fast and easily.

Likes Dirt
Just go to a bearing supply shop. You will get a better quality bearing at a cheaper price.
Did you read the first post? No one lists this bearing. I tried 4 different large bearing shops in Brisbane and non could supply. It was not for lack of trying either. 2 of them I was dealing with staff that were MTB riders.

Its a very odd size bearing. I imagine the bike industry is its only use.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
.:ROBBO:.;2224 Its a very odd size bearing. I imagine the bike industry is its only use.[/QUOTE said:
The curse of the bike industry...

Had one the other week out of a BMX. OD was imperial ID was metric.... That was fun to try and source