DJ/ STREET comps ???????

master@dh

Likes Dirt
hey chaps...

im very keen on hitting up some dirt jumping and mtb street/park comps around queensland and nsw, and maybe further south.

i dont know where to look, so can u please point me in the right direction :)

would be a huge help, cheers

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Other then victoria n tassy I havn't heard of any. You can usually enter bmx comps

In qld there are a few guys on hardtails slowly sneaking into bmx comps...

Apart from that I read in the last revoloution mag that Darren Pokoj (sp?) is starting his own comp thing along the east coast, might have to look out for that.

Banned.Regularly

Likes Dirt
last year SA had a pretty big one at the Eagle Nationals, sponsored by Banshee. By the looks of it, it should happen again this year. Promo video for it out by the end of this week..

by this year I mean January 2011 haha..

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
In qld there are a few guys on hardtails slowly sneaking into bmx comps...

Apart from that I read in the last revoloution mag that Darren Pokoj (sp?) is starting his own comp thing along the east coast, might have to look out for that.
oh? this sounds like it has potential, it's well over due, as much as I'd love to run an event at rampfest, can't do that just quiet yet.

oh? this sounds like it has potential, it's well over due, as much as I'd love to run an event at rampfest, can't do that just quiet yet.
Yeah it would be sick to see it happen, now he is sponsored by barspin imports I guess it would make it easier too.

Personally I think that more people from this part of the industry need to put their hands up and start sponsering some mtb events (No shot a you rick because I know your just starting out with your business) I mean even if its just like a side catergory at some bmx comps. This part of the sport is really starting to take off here and world wide it just needs some support.

/rant

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah it would be sick to see it happen, now he is sponsored by barspin imports I guess it would make it easier too.

Personally I think that more people from this part of the industry need to put their hands up and start sponsering some mtb events (No shot a you rick because I know your just starting out with your business) I mean even if its just like a side catergory at some bmx comps. This part of the sport is really starting to take off here and world wide it just needs some support.

/rant
I put up some prizes for the NSW Kurrajong comp and some for the up coming race at maldon, we just need the events so we have something to sponsor, the adelaide event was excellent, a few of us were keen to pitch in the first event of its kind, its good to see darren get it. I think that there is interest amongst us industry folk: but venues/people to organize it is what's needed: oh, that and entrants, how many people would give it a crack?

Downhill races have 100's of racers, I have a feeling that a good DJ event might attract 20-50 max.. It's still very much in it's infancy as a competitive sport and many guys are just out to ride around the street or park and have some fun.

As it grows I'm keen to setup some events in Vic, a DJ jam, a rampfest comp etc but it all takes time and got to stay around long enough to make it all happen.

Last edited:
Yeah I could see numbers being the biggest problem. Thats why I think it would be best to mix it in with another event eg. Local bmx comps, downhill events and so on. To leach of their success so to speak. That way you reach a larger audience and show a lot of the kids coming through on their bmx's that there is a future in mtb. I think it just needs a little bit of investment and time. Plus some very commited people.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah I could see numbers being the biggest problem. Thats why I think it would be best to mix it in with another event eg. Local bmx comps, downhill events and so on. To leach of their success so to speak. That way you reach a larger audience and show a lot of the kids coming through on their bmx's that there is a future in mtb. I think it just needs a little bit of investment and time. Plus some very commited people.
That's about it man, and crossing with bmx you still get the bit of hate that occurs between wheel sizes, although that seems to be dying off which is great.

But there isn't a great deal of places that have dirt jumps at the same venue. The barjarg 06 DJ event was craziness, plenty of nasty accidents unfortunately though.

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
would love to see some happenin, i would gladdly get some up and runnin in ACT, as im in with most of the dj'ers, but its all about havin the space and time for it, we have no legalised jumps, apart from some being built til april... know plently of places that would love to get behind an event, we just dont have any jumps so... buildin my own at the moment, but will take time... then the legalisation of them... who knows? we'll see what i get mine to... :cool: