[DJ/Street/Park] Eastern Black Betty... riding on rigids!! (pg 4 with pics)

hartss

Likes Dirt
Hmmm just a random pic of a quick local ride today :D. Made this dodgy drum jump (one drum, a few logs, piece of tin) to a natural down ramp. Might make it better cause it was pretty fun :D
01052010.jpg

Photo0071a.jpg

Photo0072.jpg

Last edited:

hartss

Likes Dirt
Made another sick jump near my house out of an old dirt/clay motorbike jump. The packing in the middle is because i admit im a shit dj'er :D but getting there. Took me and a mate about 4 hours to convert over.

There is no other mods to the ride so ill just add a pic of my previous ride where most of my parts come from (apart from rear wheel and frame! :D)

Attachments

Last edited:

hartss

Likes Dirt
Well after the link in the "what colour scheme should i get" kinda thread i did this tonight to waste some time ;). Tell me what you think...

Yes its a bmx but im doing it for the color! :D lol

Attachments

hartss

Likes Dirt
My stack that put me in hospital ;) ........... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=388956697529

SOME GOOD NEWS!
Rhythm imports have come to the party and are sending me a new rim....
I have also bought the 2008 NS RNS rigids that where for sale on here.... Hopefully both are in the post on the way over! :D

Well i have just worked out i could lower the weight by over 3kg and the rotational wheel weight by over 500g per wheel!

This is by changing to schwalbe table tops, latex tubes, rigids and removing brakes...(remember the 11.6 above is not including brakes, so lets say i could get it down to just over 9kg!!)

Rigids are on their way :D, so that is a saving of 1.4kg! :O
Brakes will be off during summer periods (i hate trying to stop brakeless on wet pavement :p), save another 0.4kg

(the rest is here for me so i dont forget LOL)

TT's will cost me $142 (CRC, two wire beaded), save me 0.59kg
Changing to latex tubes is $42 including postage (CRC, not including spares), save me 0.65kg

ohhh and dont flame me for buying from CRC! Both the above products cannot be sourced from TBSM or from 3 or 4 local bike shops that i have tried.

Last edited:

hartss

Likes Dirt
Well after a new headset again (i ran 45 degree bearing in the top whereas i should have been running 36 degree!!) and a new starnut kit i am running rigids!

First quick spin outside my house on the road saw me doing 360 flat! (pivoting from 270ish). I was kinda amazed to tell the truth :D.

I will be grabbing some pictures tomorrow and posting them up.

hartss

Likes Dirt
Pics :D.....
Rigids make riding a pleasure again! Feels like a whole new bike but much better...

Ohh and the pic with the bike on two logs (third pic) is not fake!!! The front fork is supported right near the hub, and the back wheel is in a 'V' shaped log. Just thought i would explain.

Attachments

hartss

Likes Dirt
yer it is ;).... but i couldnt be bothered swapping the tyre back over :D, and it doesnt matter to me because i run no brakes on the front

hartss

Likes Dirt
nice bike mate, i like it whats it like with rigids? as im thinking about getting some.:)
Well i like it :D. I mainly ride street, park and at a few BMX tracks. As it is now the rigids have lowered the front end (made it alot snappier) and also gotten ride of a heap of weight. Manuals put less strain on my back (can manual more often without getting a sore back). This is probably the best money i have spent other then the rear hub!

I still have to test my wrists out on big drops but i normally landed on my rear wheel first so technique wise i should be fine. It is recommended not to run rigids with alloy bars or weak wrists ;).