DnT Major work ideas, anything bike related?

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
Hey Everyone.

Next term ill be starting my DNT HSC major work and i need some help with ideas. I would like to do design and construct somthing bike related, but if youve got a really good idea in another field id be all ears.

Im not being slack, i just want to know what you guys think could do with a reevamp...

I was thinking of building a bike rack, for say 4-5 bikes that could be used in the shed then fit into a standed sized trailer and mabey have a sneaky work stand and clamp on there for easier track side repares?

Thanks Guys.
Russell.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Everyone.

Next term ill be starting my DNT HSC major work and i need some help with ideas. I would like to do design and construct somthing bike related, but if youve got a really good idea in another field id be all ears.

Im not being slack, i just want to know what you guys think could do with a reevamp...

I was thinking of building a bike rack, for say 4-5 bikes that could be used in the shed then fit into a standed sized trailer and mabey have a sneaky work stand and clamp on there for easier track side repares?

Thanks Guys.
Russell.
I may be stating the obvious here, but:

How about building a bike?

porca

Likes Bikes
Hi mate, remember with D&T you need to design something not just rip it off so you need to show some sort of innovation in your design folio. An innovation can be an improvement on an already existing design ( which most HSC students try to do). Have you thought of a repair stand with tool stand, adjustable legs, adjustable height, foldable etc. All your marks are in your folio, from memory 60% shit folio shit mark! and make something you intend to use

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
Hi mate, remember with D&T you need to design something not just rip it off so you need to show some sort of innovation in your design folio. An innovation can be an improvement on an already existing design ( which most HSC students try to do). Have you thought of a repair stand with tool stand, adjustable legs, adjustable height, foldable etc. All your marks are in your folio, from memory 60% shit folio shit mark! and make something you intend to use
Hey Porca,
Thanks for the reply. Thats what im having the most trouble with comming up with an innovative design, i guess ill have to look outside the box abit. I want to do well in this subject, so im just trying to find a foundation to work some ideas off.