does anyone actually on a bike store here?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
You'll find getting staff is harder than you realise down there..All the shops can't get enough staff to keep up with things as is. You'll not be able to pay enough to drag Victorians down either unfortunately. The mornington shop is more what you'll realise, it'll do well from CyclingGO. Wouldn't want to be going up against them in that pocket.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
This. You'll find getting quality staff is harder than you realise. Every time i got sick of 100 + hour weeks and employed a manager for my businesses ( 2 restaurants/ a wholesale business to other restaurants and catering which i ran concurrently for 15 years) i could literally see a drop in profits and percentages overnight. They won't fight for your right to party, they will give free swag to mates and close tills/ coffee machine 5 minutes before they close the bloody front door ( i f***kin hate that).
On a brighter note, what other skills can you pack in to business idea? Something offering multiple services (not food) might be able to make an honest living whilst still allowing the freedom for an occasional weekend away to a B& B / Maydena.